GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the reptile part, does anybody know? I'm trying to find some way to get on paper that I'm liable for any damage caused by my snakes, or that I have insurance that would cover it. I don't believe they would bite anybody because I don't put them in the hands of idiots or inexperienced but I want it for my landlords peace of mind.

ReefersDirect

Reefers Direct
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the company will tell you but I suggest getting more than you think you need just in case

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My policy even covered a hotel for my neighbors to live in while their loft was being dehumidified and repaired.

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My policy even covered a hotel for my neighbors to live in while their loft was being dehumidified and repaired.
Because you/your sump was the cause of the incident you were liable to your neighbors. So your liability kicked in.

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the reptile part, does anybody know? I'm trying to find some way to get on paper that I'm liable for any damage caused by my snakes, or that I have insurance that would cover it. I don't believe they would bite anybody because I don't put them in the hands of idiots or inexperienced but I want it for my landlords peace of mind.

most insurance companies don't cover reptiles in the sense if it got out it would bite or harm, the only damage that your snakes should cause is smell and that's easily fixed but you'd have to call to find out if they cover it in renters insurance mine didn't...

Got a few questions for those of you that live or have lived in the north Midwest (North Dakota) or carried renters insurance. I currently have State Farm renters ins. I am looking for renters insurance that covers aquariums, whether its damage from it cracking or breaking, leaking, etc? My apartment complex states no pets whatsoever (including anything that can be kept in a tank or enclosed) which I found it extremely odd. Has anyone gotten a letter of some sorts that states your aquarium helps with anxiety? I do live on the first floor and we have stable flooring due to underground parking. I have had fish tanks since I was 5 and haven't gone very long without one. Thanks for any information!

On going the therapy route you would have to get a doctors note for it and need documentation proving the need to have a therapy animal, but because it is not a service animal there is no ADA regulations that stste you can't be evicted, if I remember correctly when I got my service dogs, but you'd have to look into that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

• I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

• Other.

Back