Replacing Apex Display Module worth it?

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex Classic that is having a problem with the display module. The screen just flashes blue and won't display any information.

I noticed that new packages don't even include the display module. I have switched to using Fusion for most of my interaction with the Apex anyways these days.

The point being, is it even worth it to replace my Display Module? It would be cheaper to just grab a Fire tablet and set up Fusion on that? I could just mount it to the wall or the stand instead of the display module for half the cost?

What am I missing out by not using the display module?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue 3 times and support was able to fix it be remotely logging in.
Display is important for an it'll sound warnings/alarms if I'm not home and not connected to the internet and something goes wrong so wife or family can tell something is wrong.

Salahunreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need it in case something goes wrong after an upgrade or power off and you lost convective with fusion but if you have a laptop or PC then you can configure with cable

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue 3 times and support was able to fix it be remotely logging in.
Display is important for an it'll sound warnings/alarms if I'm not home and not connected to the internet and something goes wrong so wife or family can tell something is wrong.
I might have to get support on the phone again and see if we can't try that. I will probably have to do a firmware update first though which seems like a pain in the butt.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine for a quick look at Ph and feed mode button, thats it.
Good to know. I never really used mine in the first place. My feed mode is on its own powerhead controller. I've been making due without it for the past 6 months just fine.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine as it sits inside my stand it’s a quick reach to reach in to turn things off in feed mode. I don’t need to wait for fusion to catch up it’s instant. To me it’s convenient and easy. I use a iPad and Yes I could carry the iPad around with me and I do but when doing something simple why should I
I say yes it’s worth it

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No display on mine also. However Alexa is Awesome with apex

I might have to look into setting that up!

My Apex classic display hasn't worked in years. It has its conveniences as mentioned above but it is definitely not a necessity.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been getting by without it as well so I might just mount a tablet on the stand and have that run fusion or something.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had nothing but problems with my display module, and finally, it has died. I kinda like having a visual ph/orp when I walk in the room, but I'll just buy a tablet.

As for feed mode, the right button on the COR pumps activates feed A. And if you want b/c/d, then you can always wire a pushbutton to a breakout box.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had nothing but problems with my display module, and finally, it has died. I kinda like having a visual ph/orp when I walk in the room, but I'll just buy a tablet.

As for feed mode, the right button on the COR pumps activates feed A. And if you want b/c/d, then you can always wire a pushbutton to a breakout box.
Thanks for this. I think I will set up a tablet on the tank first and see if I still even want to have the display set up. If I still want it I can always pick it up later.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back