Return pump for an AIO 10g

Bruce99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an All in one 10g, (Similar to the nuvo fusion 10). Since it’s a 10g, I’ll probably not add a separate wave maker, so I’d like all the flow for the tank coming from the return pump.
I’d like to know whats the maximum gallon/hour the return pump has to be?

I got a really good deal for a pump that’s 2500L/H (660 GPH), is this too much for a 10g or should i go for something lower?

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably want to get the MightyJet 326 GPH pump. It's an absolutely silent DC pump that comes with an assortment of outlet tips for different hoses, has feed mode and also will do continuous flow or pulse flow. Plug this into a standard UPS backup battery and it'll run for hours during a power outage.

I upgraded to one of these on my nuvo 20 and it's a great little pump. Very impressed with it's performance. It made a little noise when I first turned it on, so I opened it up and cleaned the assembly lubricant off the ceramic impeller shaft. It's been absolutely silent since then.

If you change your mind on adding a wave maker for adding some additional flow patterns take a look at the Hygger Mini Wave Maker. It's a very small but surprisingly powerful little pump. About the size of a silver dollar, it can move a surprising amount of water, and has a load of flow patterns and can be set to change them up to 5 times through out the day.

Last edited:

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i use this in my waterbox cube 10 more flow than needed I have the flow turned down
072EF213-21D6-408E-9717-1E6A3DD71C2B.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back