Returning Reefer

JeepinReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R. Just stopping by to introduce myself. I've been keeping aquariums for about 25 years and coral reef aquariums for 15 or so. I haven't had an aquarium for about 5 years because I was in apartments and moving every couple of years, so I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Well, I bought a house and it is time to get back to reefing!

I'm starting an IM Fusion Lagoon 25 which I plan to stock with SPS and some LPS (e.g., acans, favids, etc.). I'll start a build thread in the AIO forum soon.

This will be my fifth reef (third nano). Part of me wanted to go bigger right away, but the expense would have pushed that out for another year, so I decided to start this lagoon. It will probably end up being my coral quarantine system down the road.

A little bit about me, as you may guess from my username, I have problems with expensive hobbies. My other being my Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket) Wrangler. Professionally, I worked in aquatics for about 10 years doing aquarium management, aquaculture (toxicology related, not ornamental), and marine fisheries management. For the past 10 years I've drifted away from aquatic biology work and now work in environmental regulatory enforcement.

Anyhow, this is probably longer than it needs to be, so I'll leave it at that. Happy to be back to the hobby and looking forward to sharing the experiences with you all!

~JR

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back