RO booster not working?

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some plumbing issues that I saw in the pics. Would be best if you gave us a call when you are in front of the system.

Russ
513-312-2343

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew there was something missing. The flow restrictor. I know BRS has an old video on converting a 75gpd unit to their 150gpd water saver unit. I watched that to upgrade my rodi.
The flow restrictors are the same for the 75 and the 150 gpd. Since it is just an additional 75 gpd membrane. They use the 550ml restrictors. The 100 gpd membranes use the 800ml restrictors

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes those 90 connectors on the membranes can be "check valve" style. Could be faulty as well. The setup should be into the sediment first, then carbon block(s), ro membranes plumbed in series for water savings. (Waste line of first membrane into the input of the second membrane then into your di cartridges.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of plumbing the membranes in series in these little residential scale systems with hard feedwater. It's a mis-application of a common practice with commercial systems.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes those 90 connectors on the membranes can be "check valve" style. Could be faulty as well. The setup should be into the sediment first, then carbon block(s), ro membranes plumbed in series for water savings. (Waste line of first membrane into the input of the second membrane then into your di cartridges.
To have the ASOV work, you must have check valves on the permeate lines coming out of each membrane.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus, flushing your RO membranes is super easy with the needle valve as all you need to do is open it up all the way to flush em.
Hmm. The challenge with needle valve restrictors is that it is a pain to dial in the correct permeate to concentrate ratio in the absence of flow gauges (which none of these little systems have). Every time you open a needle valve to flush, then you'd need to spend the time to dial it back in. Not practical. Better to use a ball valve bypass and open it to flush.

Russ

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flow restrictors are the same for the 75 and the 150 gpd. Since it is just an additional 75 gpd membrane. They use the 550ml restrictors. The 100 gpd membranes use the 800ml restrictors

Again... one of the reasons I'm not a fan. This is not how any of this is supposed to work!

OP
OP
Irishman

Irishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some plumbing issues that I saw in the pics. Would be best if you gave us a call when you are in front of the system.

Russ
513-312-2343

I will give you a call around 1230 central time, if that works for you.

Why do you need a booster pump if you house water pressure is 90 psi?

When I tested my system before this post my PSI was way low so I thought it was my house pressure. Come to find out it was not having any flow restrictors plumbed in so PSI wasn't able to build up.

Not a fan of plumbing the membranes in series in these little residential scale systems with hard feedwater. It's a mis-application of a common practice with commercial systems.

What do you recommend then for using two membranes? Or would it be better just to have one?

Again... one of the reasons I'm not a fan. This is not how any of this is supposed to work!

What do you mean by that this is not how any of this supposed to work? The way we use our RO systems?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back