RO/DI to Barrel with Float Valve

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisKSB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ChrisKSB

King of GHA Farmers
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2020
Messages
322
Reaction score
297
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the AquaticLife 100 GPD RO/DI unit working yesterday, thanks to some nice people on the forum's input!

Now I want to connect it to my barrel with the AquaticLife Float Valve Kit.

I've looked at a ton of posts and videos, but none seem to cover what I'm currently a bit confused about. This RO/DI unit already has a pressure sensitive solenoid before going into the RO membrane but my float valve kit also came with one.

PXL_20250323_171711694.jpg



Here are the float valve instructions, but my RO/DI unit is not like this one pictured.

PXL_20250323_174328696.jpg



This is what I was thinking, which is most likely WAY OFF!

PXL_20250323_175148993.jpg


Anyone have any input on how to correctly hook this up to my type of RO/DI unit?

Much appreciated!
 
i think the diagram included makes sense, you just put the float valve on the barrel which will store your ro/di water, and it is fed from the ro/di outlet on the unit. This line you have going out then into the same device doesn't make sense to me, I'd just follow the instructions with the device:

1742754349209.png
 
Thanks for the reply! What was confusing me about the diagram is I would end up with two pressure sensitive solenoids. Talked with support this morning (Incredible support BTW!) They told me to simply run line directly from RO/DI output to the float valve. The included check valve and solenoid would not be needed for my system. They also provided some other great tips on how to best use the system!
 
Exactly. You do not need the second “auto shut off” or solenoid. Just simply connect your in barrel float to your rodi unit clean water output.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new