OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tinting won't be here till Monday so I'm going to setup my klir's, connect the pumps and get ready to leak test it in place with regular tap water so I can get all around it. Let it sit for a couple days. Then drain and move into place later next week.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My paying job!
giphy.gif

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I came up with a solution for mounting my lights finally, some leg work yet but I have a vision lol! It includes something that looks like this and is 12' long! More to come on that soon...

1600206875536.png
Think I might have an idea on where your are going with this.
giphy.gif

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big milestone! Plumbing is complete!

giphy.gif

I have to put in a few braces/supports for the plumbing but I'll do that just before I leak test it. Few things I could have done better, but that blame goes back to the planning stages (that's all on me obviously). However I made the few minor annoyances I found work and will catalog that into the overall learning experience should I do this all over again. I was happy that I didn't have any ugly glue runs all over the place or obnoxious sharpie lines etc. small wins.

All praise painters tape!!
giphy.gif

Next steps are tinting the back and moving the tank into place before I leak test. If i can find some local I might even be able to make that happen this weekend.

Following will be a short video tour of the plumbing and sump followed by general pictures. I'm no photographer so feel free to scoff at my feeble attempts.

Video

Photos
1600298062651.png

Basically same shot different light
1600298123807.png

Full view
1600298177988.png

Eventually I will get some controllable LED lighting installed under the stand once I get this thing up and running.

Thanks for viewing! Constructive feedback and advice for improvement is always welcome! 1600298246716.png

giphy.gif

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tinting won't be here till Monday so I'm going to setup my klir's, connect the pumps and get ready to leak test it in place with regular tap water so I can get all around it. Let it sit for a couple days. Then drain and move into place later next week.
So you are using tint film to black out the background? Never thought of that for some reason.. I assume its relatively easy to apply

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are using tint film to black out the background? Never thought of that for some reason.. I assume its relatively easy to apply
I guess we'll find out lol. Ace hardware, $20. They have a privacy version that's pretty dark when viewed from outside, which conveniently is the side that you'd view the back from. I'll post the results.

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's full and still standing!

giphy.gif

I kept not trusting my stand design lol. But so far so good. Gonna run with this tap water leak and flow balancing test for at least a few days into next week. I'm gonna do some crash tests etc. Pull the power, drop a pump etc learn what biotch did under duress so I'm not surprised later when it actually happens, cuz we all know it will haha. Short 2 minute video below. Feel free to leave any comments or heckling below.

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on man!!! Nice and quite, how much more are you planning on cranking up those COR's? Or are you relatively happy with the flow they are putting out?

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on man!!! Nice and quite, how much more are you planning on cranking up those COR's? Or are you relatively happy with the flow they are putting out?
They are running about 80% right now. However I don't have the fleece in one of the klir's, I'm blaming the cat for the missing rubber air tubes.

giphy.gif

Once that's in I expect the flow to slow down a bit which I want. I'd like to run the COR's around 70% or a touch less just to give them some life and if I lose one I can over run the other and maybe get lucky and not have to tweak anything? Not sure, that will be part of my crash testing haha! Between those and the MP60's that should give me enough flow? Hard to measure what's enough at this point though. Most of the noise I can hear is from the Klir with no fleece. I should have this all figured out by next Wednesday and set for when I put real water in it.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between those and the MP60's that should give me enough flow?
[/QUOTE]
You mean you haven’t hooked up the Mp60s yet??
I guess your waiting for the good water because just plain old tap water won’t do... hahah

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between those and the MP60's that should give me enough flow?
You mean you haven’t hooked up the Mp60s yet??
I guess your waiting for the good water because just plain old tap water won’t do... hahah
[/QUOTE]
I'm still puttering around with other things. I suppose getting those wet couldn't hurt...

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's a reefing weekend, haven't had too many so far as I'm usually all over the place. Just got my MP60's up and running, Mobius app downloaded and devices connected. App seems...meh to ok. The device update process where they update the firmware is completely janky AF. I'm not gonna turn this into a review but I have enough info to do so... So tempted.

Regardless, the power heads overall are amazing and I could immediately tell the difference. The capabilities are great once you figure out on your own how the app works. So far so good! Aside from the firmware update I'm really nitpicking the app (I'm a dev guy). The firmware update process was super annoying. But, in the end, these things are powerful!

Short video with everything in test mode with power heads.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back