ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Welcome to Rock Pool Reef keepers it’s early days but I would like this club to get stronger and stronger over time . Everyone is welcome if you have a passion for native Reefing in your area or across the world. Have fun share knowledge and info on equipment also fish types anemones critters anything that makes you enjoy the club . We all have to remember r2r rules towards each other but that will not be a problem due to great bunch of people all together in one club . I will leave you all with some photos of my native tank to kick things off . And again welcome members this is your club to enjoy with your r2r friends
8ACB0F09-406F-40B2-A8A0-22AE5F523241.jpeg
4AFA082F-E449-499D-837B-7364A40D7060.jpeg
7A6DF9BF-7BCD-4FFE-9A68-8915D95E8F51.jpeg
30F625D4-0DB5-4348-89D1-863C899DFD83.jpeg

CFB1A7F4-8841-41E3-BF1F-2FADFFF7C55A.jpeg

Last edited:

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
No “pool“ members But I’ll join the fun. Here’s a shot of the mixed reef I’ve got going. Nem/snail guards are thanks to @stoney7713 who graciously supplied those and a number of other 3D printed goodies.
IMG_7742.jpeg
IMG_7735.jpeg
IMG_7737.jpeg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
No “pool“ members But I’ll join the fun. Here’s a shot of the mixed reef I’ve got going. Nem/snail guards are thanks to @stoney7713 who graciously supplied those and a number of other 3D printed goodies.
IMG_7742.jpeg
IMG_7735.jpeg
IMG_7737.jpeg
Very nice Steve and welcome reef looking good as always. You not got the badge maybe try and join through join groups on your account and I will approve you then should get the badge

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Just thought I would share this wrasse with you this live in the uk seas

Statistics​

Length: Up to 35cm

Conservation status​

Listed as of Least Concern on the IUCN Red List.

When to see​

January to December

About​

There are 4 types of wrasse common in UK seas, all of which are found in rocky areas around our coasts. They feed predominantly on molluscs, including limpets and mussels, and crustaceans, but will also eat small fish if the opportunity arises. They have powerful teeth and jaws which can be used to crush through shells! Cuckoo wrasse are highly colourful fish but males and females look very different. The slightly smaller female cuckoo wrasse is an orangey-pink colour with distinct black and white blotches on her back. The male has electric blue markings on his head and back with orange fins.

How to identify​

Cuckoo wrasse are a large, slender fish. Their colourful markings make them unmistakeable. The female is orangey-pink with black and white spots on her back and the male has electric blue markings on his head and back. Ballan wrasse are also large, but duller in colour, with brownish-red and green mottled markings. The corkwing wrasse is smaller with wavy green-blue and gold markings and a distinctive black spot on the wrist of its tail. The goldsinny wrasse is much smaller and a pale reddish-brown with a distinctive black spot on its tail.

Distribution​

Found around all UK coasts, uncommon in the Southern North Sea.

Habitats​

Coast line

Did you know?​

Cuckoo wrasse start life as females! They are protogynous hermaphrodites, meaning they can change to males when there is a need. There is normally a single dominant male on the reef and if he dies, the most senior female will change sex and become the top male!
1692517081072.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Just thought I would share this wrasse with you this live in the uk seas

Statistics​

Length: Up to 35cm

Conservation status​

Listed as of Least Concern on the IUCN Red List.

When to see​

January to December

About​

There are 4 types of wrasse common in UK seas, all of which are found in rocky areas around our coasts. They feed predominantly on molluscs, including limpets and mussels, and crustaceans, but will also eat small fish if the opportunity arises. They have powerful teeth and jaws which can be used to crush through shells! Cuckoo wrasse are highly colourful fish but males and females look very different. The slightly smaller female cuckoo wrasse is an orangey-pink colour with distinct black and white blotches on her back. The male has electric blue markings on his head and back with orange fins.

How to identify​

Cuckoo wrasse are a large, slender fish. Their colourful markings make them unmistakeable. The female is orangey-pink with black and white spots on her back and the male has electric blue markings on his head and back. Ballan wrasse are also large, but duller in colour, with brownish-red and green mottled markings. The corkwing wrasse is smaller with wavy green-blue and gold markings and a distinctive black spot on the wrist of its tail. The goldsinny wrasse is much smaller and a pale reddish-brown with a distinctive black spot on its tail.

Distribution​

Found around all UK coasts, uncommon in the Southern North Sea.

Habitats​

Coast line

Did you know?​

Cuckoo wrasse start life as females! They are protogynous hermaphrodites, meaning they can change to males when there is a need. There is normally a single dominant male on the reef and if he dies, the most senior female will change sex and become the top male!
1692517081072.jpeg
I’ve seen a few of these. Here’s one I saw in a sea life centre (the tank was giant and this guy just sat there quite happily).
IMG_6397.jpeg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few of these. Here’s one I saw in a sea life centre (the tank was giant and this guy just sat there quite happily).
IMG_6397.jpeg
Yep they look grate just think of finding one of them. And again welcome your knowledge is outstanding great for the group post when you want this is your group as much as anyone else.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
This is the right thread link to your club

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back