rodi 5 stage 150gph PSI

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holding at a steady 62 psi. Thats pretty decent, right? Yesterday when i ran for first time, i was only getting 55.

Don’t need a booster which is a relief.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prob just fine
Plumbing code calls for no more than 80 psi residential line pressure.

That said, RO membranes function better at higher pressures. Filmtec membranes for instance have a max pressure rating of 300 psi. But, not all components in any RODI system can handle pressure that high. The weakest link in terms of ability to handle pressure is typically the clear filter housings. Some clear housings are better than others in this regard (as rat man said).

This is one of the things we think about when we hear people say "all rodi systems are alike." Well, no, they really aren't!

Also - if you're going to add a booster pump, it's best to plumb it in AFTER the prefilter housings to avoid exposing them to the elevated pressure.

Russ

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back