ROX Activated carbon mesh bag

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some of the BRS ROX activated carbon, looking to add this to my sump in a mesh media bag. I picked up a top fin mesh media bag (https://www.petsmart.com/fish/filte...3si3m37j8hNLQjCYHponknJDWVfPuHmxoCFsEQAvD_BwE) but it is very very fine mesh, I’m not sure if it’s too fine. It does not give the micron rating but I can try to calculate it manually when I’m home.

Is there a certain micron grade that would cause issues potentially with carbon performance? Will it prevent some things from being able to make contact with carbon, that it would generally remove? I know for this type of carbon since it’s small, you need a small micron grade, but I want to know if this will affect performance. Thanks in advance!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help with the bag mesh size. I tried it in a reactor and it just turned into a sold clump and stop the water flow. I have to say I'm surprised people rave about the rox carbon like they do. The only way I can even use it is to mix it with a larger pellet sized carbon so it doesn't clump up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back