OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure increase aeration as others have said. The royal gramma has some caudal fin damage. Does the wrasse have damage to its right pectoral fin? What other fish are in the tank, I saw a fox face....

Jay
Foxface, two clowns and tomini tang are all in the qt with them. I just made a makeshift splitter so I have the wrasse and gramma in their own half of the tank while the rest are on the other half.

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked on test kits. . . ahhh, API. Never trusted these kits. They've failed many reefers hence their Low cost

I encourage you to take a good water sample to a trusted fish store and have them test water for you to verify readings and to compare with your tests.
Closest LFs opens back up tomorrow I can take a sample thete

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas about what happened to their fins? It doesn't look like idiopathic erosion to me, more like somebody chewed on it....hard to tell tho

Jay

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure increase aeration as others have said. The royal gramma has some caudal fin damage. Does the wrasse have damage to its right pectoral fin? What other fish are in the tank, I saw a fox face....

Jay
As far as damage to the pectoral fin, it looks physically normal but has become cloudy and opaque.

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas about what happened to their fins? It doesn't look like idiopathic erosion to me, more like somebody chewed on it....hard to tell tho

Jay
It’s a hard guess to me, I’ve been watching them for the past few hours and the only culprit I’d think would hurt them would be my tang, but he’s been fine the whole time. I have the tank split off now so the gramma and wrasse can have their peace of mind.

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn’t by chance over dose Prazipro did you? Prazipro can strip O2 from water pretty quickly. I would change water and watch closely before adding copper. You could do a dip in Methylene Blue to help both fish to move a little more oxygen through the gills. Would also help with wounds from Flukes if they were infected severely.
I also did a 50% WC after the last prazipro treatment and have had an air stone running through entire time with good surface agitation.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay
I thought aggression and these two fish would typically fight

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found out the culprit. After thoroughly watching everyone, I noticed the tang was being shy and hiding, then out of nowhere he started flashing so I did a fw bath to rule out flukes again, but sadly to my surprise it seems velvet made it into the tank. They are all still in qt, and I’m ramping up coppersafe to 2.0ppm as fast as I can as well as the trifecta. For velvet I know it works fast so should I forego the several day ramping period and get it straight to 2.0ppm?

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s also a 20g qt with total water volume at ~19 gallons, if my math is right when using coppersafe to get a therapeutic level of 1.6mL/gallon = 1.5ppm I need to dose roughly 33.33mL of coppersafe to get to that level?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back