RSK-300 skimmer

Stonefish1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my new tank 6 weeks ago and had my RSK-300 skimmer running on full for about 6 or 7 days now to break it in but it is still overflowing like crazy. I set the water level in the middle of the red water level label where the manufacturer suggests it to be. Can anyone help me dial this thing in please?

orreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the RSK300 also. It seemed to take a lot longer than a week for it to break in. I think I ran it with the water level all the way down (adjust turned all the way toward minus) for a while then slowly started raising the water level (turning toward plus).

Mine has been running for about 2 months on an established tank and I feel like it's finally starting to settle in. Unless I change out all the filter floss then it ha to be off for about 6 hours or it will bubble over again. Odd things...

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 600 and completely understand. If you can run the water level a little lower than recommend I would do it.

OP
OP
S

Stonefish1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing has been overflowing for a couple of weeks now. The bubbles will almost instantly go about half way down for awhile when I throw a little food in for the two clowns I got. Why does it do that.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbe. Where should I put the carbon...in one of the socks?
Don't put it in the socks. It'll get ground up. Put it in a mesh bag and somewhere in the sump with some flow, but not too much to blow the carbon around.

Best thing to is is use a reactor, they are cheap tbh. You should get one if you would like.

OP
OP
S

Stonefish1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok....it seems to be settling down for the past week. Why does the bubbles go half way down when I feed the fish and stay that way for a few hours?

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok....it seems to be settling down for the past week. Why does the bubbles go half way down when I feed the fish and stay that way for a few hours?
Likely the foam is reacting to some oil in the foods. Nothing to be concerned about.

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my new tank 6 weeks ago and had my RSK-300 skimmer running on full for about 6 or 7 days now to break it in but it is still overflowing like crazy. I set the water level in the middle of the red water level label where the manufacturer suggests it to be. Can anyone help me dial this thing in please?
Washed with RODI and vinegar. Ran with RODI and vinegar for a good full day. Overflowed for 2 days and has been working great for over a year now (Redsea250)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back