Ruby rally pro dosing

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the large 2 liter bottle of rally pro and it says it treats for 400 gallons.. do i have to buy several 2 liter rally pro to keep up with the 3 day dose? I'm wondering if the number on the bottle of 400 is including the three days or is that per treatment because I have a 200 gallon tank and a 2 liter would get me 2 days of treatment if that's the case. What was your experience if you don't mind me asking.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. I would use (though they are not perfect - they give a good estimate) - one of the online calculators to estimate the true volume of your system - unless you know you put in exactly 200 gallons of water in the tank. It's for this reason many people suggest a hospital tank - where volumes and doses can be appropriately measured.

2. I would follow the directions on bottle of Ruby Rally Pro - which suggest: "
SALTWATER: Add 1 ounce (30 ml) of Rally™ PRO per 20 gallons (76 liters) of total water volume.
Apply Rally™ PRO once per day for at least 3 days. Longer treatment periods may be required for heavy or persistent infections. "

To me this means add 30 ml/20 gallons= 300 ml/200 gallons every day for AT LEAST 3 days.

3. So - if you multiply it all out - 300 ml x 3 days for 200 gallons = 900 ml - which is close to their estimation that 2 liters would treat 400 gallons.

So - just to make sure - there are 2 answers here - one depends on the actual volume of water in your tank - which you don't know perhaps - and the other about the product - I answered the question based on your assumption that you have 200 gallons of water - not 150 gallons of water - and 50 'gallons' of rock/equipment'

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I ordered the large 2 liter bottle of rally pro and it says it treats for 400 gallons.. do i have to buy several 2 liter rally pro to keep up with the 3 day dose? I'm wondering if the number on the bottle of 400 is including the three days or is that per treatment because I have a 200 gallon tank and a 2 liter would get me 2 days of treatment if that's the case. What was your experience if you don't mind me asking.
Its 450 gallons but I use 80% of dosage which is Adding an ounce of Rally per 25 gallons Once a day for three days and repeating a 3 day period IF necessary. Ive used this several times and with having large tanks dont go through product this fast at all.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its 450 gallons but I use 80% of dosage which is Adding an ounce of Rally per 25 gallons Once a day for three days and repeating a 3 day period IF necessary. Ive used this several times and with having large tanks dont go through product this fast at all.
So you just kind of wing it - thats fine - just wondering for the OP - how you get the numbers you do?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So you just kind of wing it - thats fine - just wondering for the OP - how you get the numbers you do?
I apply 12 oz or 350ml based on my useable gallons

Last edited:
OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rally directions I'm reading is one ounce of rally per 10 gallons and if I'm doing the math right then one dose is about 20 fluid ounces or more.. the 2 liter has 67 fluid ounces...unless fl oz. Is different? Hoping I'm not confusing myself..this is why I contact the experts lol. Thank yal so much for the input

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_155952_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_155952_Chrome.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 83

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking at the saltwater or freshwater dosing?

Saltwater you’ll need 30ml per 20 gallon per day, so 300ml will treat your tank for each dose, for 900ml total for a three day course.

freshwater dosing is doubled, so the 2L would treat somewhere between 3 and 400 gallons.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking at the saltwater or freshwater dosing?

Saltwater you’ll need 30ml per 20 gallon per day, so 300ml will treat your tank for each dose, for 900ml total for a three day course.

freshwater dosing is doubled, so the 2L would treat somewhere between 3 and 400 gallons.
No it's for saltwater..I attached a picture above in previous post idk if your able to view it?

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instructions exactly state.

Instructions
Turn off protein skimmers and UV
sterilizers, also remove carbon filtration
and any absorbent media that would
remove RALLY from the water.
Dose on days 1, 2, and 3 for normal
infections.
For severe infection further dosing may
be required.
Add one ounce of RALLY per 10 gallons
of total water volume including the
filtration system for reef tanks
Add one ounce of RALLY per 5 gallons
of total water volume including filtration
system for fresh water tanks unless the
pH is over 8.0.
Then treat same as reef tanks.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now I caught on and even more confused.. those directions come from the rally pro on the chewy website but when I go to BRS. It states 20 gallons as yall mentioned.. is there 2 different ones?

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instructions exactly state.

Instructions
Turn off protein skimmers and UV
sterilizers, also remove carbon filtration
and any absorbent media that would
remove RALLY from the water.
Dose on days 1, 2, and 3 for normal
infections.
For severe infection further dosing may
be required.
Add one ounce of RALLY per 10 gallons
of total water volume including the
filtration system for reef tanks
Add one ounce of RALLY per 5 gallons
of total water volume including filtration
system for fresh water tanks unless the
pH is over 8.0.
Then treat same as reef tanks.
These instructions say "Rally"

That product preceded "Rally Pro"

The formulation for Rally contains formalin while the formulation for Rally Pro does not.

Be sure you are following the instructions for the product you have in hand. Rally is no longer sold but some people still have bottles of this medication on hand.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These instructions say "Rally"

That product preceded "Rally Pro"

The formulation for Rally contains formalin while the formulation for Rally Pro does not.

Be sure you are following the instructions for the product you have in hand. Rally is no longer sold but some people still have bottles of this medication on hand.
Ah this would have to be an error on the websites part then because I searched rally pro and the image for sale even shows its rally pro but when you go to the instructions it is incorrect...thank you for clarifying that for me...I shouldn't have to worry then I ordered from BRS :)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The rally directions I'm reading is one ounce of rally per 10 gallons and if I'm doing the math right then one dose is about 20 fluid ounces or more.. the 2 liter has 67 fluid ounces...unless fl oz. Is different? Hoping I'm not confusing myself..this is why I contact the experts lol. Thank yal so much for the input
Thats the dosage for FRESHWATER:
FRESHWATER: Add 1 ounce (30 ml) of Rally™ PRO per 10 gallons (38 liters) of total water volume. If the pH is above 8.0, add 1 ounce (30 ml) per 20 gallons (76 liters) of total water volume.
SALTWATER: Add 1 ounce (30 ml) of Rally™ PRO per 20 gallons

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The key - especially with a large tank - (which is why most people say don't do this in a display) - the estimates - of the volume can be far off from reality.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those were the freshwater directions - I posted the correct saltwater directions above in my original post to you - best wishes

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those were the freshwater directions - I posted the correct saltwater directions above in my original post to you - best wishes
Can you see the pic I just posted? It says for reef...but I saw earlier in the post someone said it's rally..not rally pro directions.. weird because the photo for sale clearly shows pro on the bottle.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back