OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I'm concerned but think I'm on the right track.. @vetteguy53081 @MnFish1 .. the reason I bought rally is because I'm suspecting a gram negative infection in my water. I just watched my sunrise dottyback literally take his last breath. I did a fw dip no sign of flukes but there's something like bacterial on the dottyback like it's rotting on both rib cages both sides in the exact same spot. I noticed my tomini tang had a black spot a few days ago on his tail and today there's a hole where the spot was...does this sound like a gram negative bacteria? I will try to post pics below of dottyback please tell me if you can see them. Or what other methods I can use to post them please.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunrise ...white flesh showing on both sides

Attachments

• 20230130_182114.jpg
    20230130_182114.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230130_182039.jpg
    20230130_182039.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 50

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you see the pic I just posted? It says for reef...but I saw earlier in the post someone said it's rally..not rally pro directions.. weird because the photo for sale clearly shows pro on the bottle.
ok - lets make it clear - which product are u using?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So now I'm concerned but think I'm on the right track.. @vetteguy53081 @MnFish1 .. the reason I bought rally is because I'm suspecting a gram negative infection in my water. I just watched my sunrise dottyback literally take his last breath. I did a fw dip no sign of flukes but there's something like bacterial on the dottyback like it's rotting on both rib cages both sides in the exact same spot. I noticed my tomini tang had a black spot a few days ago on his tail and today there's a hole where the spot was...does this sound like a gram negative bacteria? I will try to post pics below of dottyback please tell me if you can see them. Or what other methods I can use to post them please.
Ruby reef rally pro - will treat multiple things - I would have less confidence on treating a gram negative infection

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tomini black spot on tail turned into a hole?
The tang appears fine and the sunrise has what looks like either a bite mark or Internal issue as the marks are in the same location on both sides of body. Other would be a parasitic infestation that has left openings in the skin that have become infected by bacteria. Was fish scratching against objects? Was it breathing rapidly before it perished?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you see the pic I just posted? It says for reef...but I saw earlier in the post someone said it's rally..not rally pro directions.. weird because the photo for sale clearly shows pro on the bottle.
cannot

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are two formulas- Rally Pro and Rally nano. The regular Rally which based on nano requires a higher application and treats the same type of infections which I never seen as making sense but because of smaller volume tanks (nano) encourages one time dosings versus three days with the pro. Also the rally pro I believe is concentrated whereas the regular formula is straightforward for use and regular comes in one size only.

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 what dose and for how long do you use for a Ruby Rally Pro dip instead of an in tank treatment?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@vetteguy53081 what dose and for how long do you use for a Ruby Rally Pro dip instead of an in tank treatment?
I dont do dips but occasionally baths. One teaspoon per gallon for 60-90 minutes. Water will be neon green which is normal and aerate with tube or air stone at air pump

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont do dips but occasionally baths. One teaspoon per gallon for 60-90 minutes. Water will be neon green which is normal and aerate with tube or air stone at air pump
I meant a bath. Thank you!
Purple tang I just picked up from a local reefer is not showing any signs of illness, but I’m planning on QT-ing and treating prophylactically. Is a 60 min bath prior to putting him in my QT tank a good plan?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I meant a bath. Thank you!
Purple tang I just picked up from a local reefer is not showing any signs of illness, but I’m planning on QT-ing and treating prophylactically. Is a 60 min bath prior to putting him in my QT tank a good plan?
Yes

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would ruby rally pro be preferable to a skimmer to eradicate Ich? Would it be possible to do a mixture of the two by any chance?

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A skimmer has no impact on ich or other parasites for that matter. And ruby rally pro is not a medication for ich. I assume you are trying to find a solution within your display tank. If you need help, start your own thread and provide information and photos and we will try to help.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Would ruby rally pro be preferable to a skimmer to eradicate Ich? Would it be possible to do a mixture of the two by any chance?
Ruby likely wont erradicate ich and neither will a skimmer. Skimmer removes inorganic matter

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A skimmer has no impact on ich or other parasites for that matter. And ruby rally pro is not a medication for ich. I assume you are trying to find a solution within your display tank. If you need help, start your own thread and provide information and photos and we will try to help.
I meant UV my mistake.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry my mistake I meant to write UV
UV unit helps but does NOT eliminate pre-existing ich but rather what passes through the channel with bulb

speedjester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used rally pro in my DT once on a outbreak of velvet. I was losing fish fast. I dosed 1.5 times the recommended dosage and did it for 16 days in a row. I saw no I’ll effects on any of the inhabitants. Except my Xenia started to act strange at about day ten. I contacted RRR manufacturer and they told me I should stop treatment that if was going to work it should have by now. I completed a water change and all fish were fine. I do not recommend doing this. (I was desperate) But if anything it does show it is a very safe product. Even dosed beyond recommended dosage.and is effective on velvet.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back