Sand Question??

toyencounters

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2011
Messages
378
Reaction score
2
Location
Santa Clarita
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sand use to brown up about every 3-4 days before stirring now it browns up a few hours after I stir it everyday? I do water changes on a regular bases and my Parameters are in check!
 
Sounds like diatoms. Parameters are in check because the diatoms are sucking up the excess nutrients.

CJ
 
How deep is the sand bed? I'd only stir it if it was rather shallow.

Try a conch snail... they work well keeping the sand clean for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new