Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0FAD5D3D-6737-40D2-90B5-6D96AC5D2A8A.jpeg

5D49022E-56EA-4178-87ED-0E8D12A8D16B.jpeg

Currently struggling with nutrient control and flow patterns. I’ve moved my power head and some of the other corals and rocks to have better flow. I’m also still messing around with my Tunze 9001 to see if I can get it to work in the AIO chamber. But I’ll likely end up getting a smaller form factor protein skimmer if I can find one in stock. I would hate to have to put it inside the display tank.

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for being dense, but what makes you say you're struggling with nutrient control? Algae? High water param values?

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for being dense, but what makes you say you're struggling with nutrient control? Algae? High water param values?
Getting a lot of algae growth, but most of that is gone now that my clean up crew has caught up. My sand bed keeps getting cyano and other growth as well. Nitrates and phos have been low until this week. I need to check them again today.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use for a stand? I’m struggling trying to find something that fits and can hold the weight.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use for a stand? I’m struggling trying to find something that fits and can hold the weight.
It sits on my desk next to my computers. This desk supports it well.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more close ups. I’m still working on getting the lighting just right. It’s a little purple for my taste right now.

216EB374-0CBD-45D6-9274-FA2E018AE1B8.jpeg

A7C075D5-9753-4D60-88F4-ED80F6661CED.jpeg

B16B4786-F879-4D55-B26C-4003E37E2C27.jpeg

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Chemi Clean and it successfully cleared up my red cyano. I stopped dosing Red Sea AB+ and started feeding more of Arcti Pods and TDO Chroma Boost. I'm hoping this ups my NO3 and gets rid of the imbalance I was struggling with. Hopefully it stays away

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an update. Somehow I lost one of my clownfish. I didn’t think to check before I started vacuuming. But I’m not sure if I sucked him up or if he’s been missing for a few days already. I don’t see a body. So I’m not sure what happened. I plan to wait a day or two and see if he was hiding, otherwise I guess I’ll have to get a new one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 month mark!

I replaced my missing clownfish with a Midnight Lightning Clownfish. I also added a lawnmower blenny the same day, but found it dead the next day (couldn’t figure out why).

Got a conch, but didn’t realize that crown conches eat other snails. So tossed him later that day after it killed a snail. You live and you learn I guess.

I added a pincushion urchin to help with my algae growth.

My stylophora was doing amazing until something took a bite out of it after a month. It struggled on for a bit after. My red zoa also gave up for an unknown reason.

Everything else is flourishing! My anthelia and Xenia are taking over a lot of area as expected. I have a rock flower anemone that won’t stay still and loves to roam lol. The other 3 stay put. One of my rhodactis shrooms split and I’m so happy!

I’ll add pictures shortly.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my sump area again and must've missed it the first time I looked before. My missing clownfish has survived in the sump for over 2 weeks. Not sure what to do with him haha. Currently doing research to see if I could do a 4 clownfish harem maybe

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting a rollercoaster ride of an update lol

- Bought a crown conch not knowing that they aren't the same as other conches. Found it eating one of my snails so I got rid of it.
- Got a lawnmower blenny. Found it dead the next morning missing its eyes. It wasn't fighting with any of the other fish, so I'm assuming it was something bacterial.
- I moved the new clownfish for the sump until I can figure out what to do with it. Moved my original missing one from the sump back into the tank.
- I added a cleaner shrimp since I have no idea what happened to my other (it's been missing for weeks)
- I added a firefish since the blenny didn't work out. So far this little guy has been a model citizen and is doing fantastic!
- Added a pincushion urchin that's about 3 to 4 inches in diameter. He's been mowing down hair algae and haven't had problems with him stealing frags.

Here's the funniest part of the update, I spilled my BRS glue all over my counter. Spent about an hour with a knife scaping it off :D

Pictures to come. Been playing with the lighting spectrum for this so that they aren't as blue.

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it's been a whirlwind for you. Missing clowns, unexplained dead fish. Tough few weeks! Seems things are back on track though, photos are looking good! Just my personal opinion on a harem, but 4 clowns in a 25 with a few other fish seems like a huge stressor on everyone. May want to return/rehome that lightning.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it's been a whirlwind for you. Missing clowns, unexplained dead fish. Tough few weeks! Seems things are back on track though, photos are looking good! Just my personal opinion on a harem, but 4 clowns in a 25 with a few other fish seems like a huge stressor on everyone. May want to return/rehome that lightning.
I ended up returning the lightning clownfish and didn't get a fourth. Didn't want to chance any fighting among them. Everything has been going well now! My firefish still likes to hide for days, but I'm hoping he'll warm up and start hanging out in the open in the future

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back