Schrauf’s Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
CoralVue Hydros support is awesome. They helped me fix the problem. Turns out there is a certain order you have to do to completely factory reset a device. 1) Delete it from the app under device properties 2) Wipe the pump settings by holding the magnet until the light turns purple 3) After it reboots, hold the magnet until the light turns yellow to reset the WiFi settings 4) After reboot, you can now add the device again and it should now successfully work like new

Avast
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Just did a 60% water change (~14 gallons). The nitrite test was promising at first since it started out lighter. But it looks like it's still at 5 ppm Nitrite (which is the highest color on the API kit). What should I do now? Should I just keep doing water changes? Should I leave it continue to work itself out? In theory the cycle is complete since the Ammonia ran all the way to 0 before I started doing water changes.

Edit: got opinions in another thread

Last edited:
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my current desk setup. These two tanks will be moved to a side table with my printer. My Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 will be going on the left side of the desk, and everything will be shifted to the right. The left tank is prepped for red cherry shrimp that arrive this week. The right tank is for a betta fish eventually.

_1030145.JPG
_1030138.JPG
_1030130.JPG
_1030133.JPG

OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
1621478130329.png

Here's a preview of the corals I got from the WWC live sale. They will be arriving on the 26th. I will have them on some egg crate racks in my tank until I move the tank on June 3rd and glue the aquascape on June 6th. They're listed at the beginning of the thread

Last edited:
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
63F0E7EB-FEFC-49F6-B0B5-07482EACEE8A.jpeg
16C31543-E48F-459B-81D6-54258322C179.jpeg

You’ll have to forgive the mess. I moved the rock to the tank today. It’s been cycled for over a month now. The water was also pristine, so I moved it over. I left it bare bottom until I move. The sand and the remaining around 10 lbs of rock are in the trash can with a power head.

The intention of the scape is to have the higher flow corals near the back and have them sweep outward. There are also valleys between the island and the main rockwork that will house macro alages which I’ll be purchasing this weekend.

Also, the sponge is for the QT

OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
3F246A72-C64F-484B-AFE4-3AD52A50B3C8.jpeg

I made a custom lid using the BRS kit. I made a cut out that’s kind of crude at the moment. But this is where the mangroves will grow out. I’m thinking I’ll probably put anywhere from 2 to 5 of them there. Once I move, I will transfer the sand bed and put some in. I’m excited for June 5th! That’s when I’ll be fully moved in and can start with the fun stuff

OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
My WWC corals arrive tomorrow! I added a Green Aussie Lord to the order as well. And the macros and snails arrive on Thursday. In prep I did a 20% water change. Current parameters are below.

9.4 dKH
410-420 Ca
1260 Mg
0.05 ppm Phosphate
5.00 ppm Nitrate

Last edited:
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
My live sale corals have arrived. Finished dipping them all and placed them in my tank. You'll have to excuse the poor frag rack. I'll be moving on June 3rd and this is a temporary rack for them until then, at which point I'll mount them to the aquascape once that's setup. I also have cycled sand in a bucket with a powerhead and heater. Some of the corals will be put on the sand bed.

_1030146.JPG
_1030148.JPG
_1030149.JPG
_1030150.JPG

Most of the corals have already opened up and the coloration is looking good. There are 2 or 3 that are still closed like the candy cane and the toadstool. Those should open up within a week.

Corals.com
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
F0E1E744-8E57-43FE-B3C4-885A926E049B.jpeg

I got a peppermint shrimp too. It looks like it’s missing all of its left legs. Anyone know if these will grow back or if he will be fine?

I checked the bag, and the bowl he was acclimating them in, and it does not appear that they are there. So I’m not sure if it was shipped like this or if I somehow accidentally did

EDIT: I did a quick search and it sounds like the legs will grow back after it molts.

OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
USPS shipped my macros from West Palm Beat Florida to California. It has been stuck saying leaving that facility since Tuesday morning. This was for shipping to my apartment in Wisconsin.

Kinda getting nervous that it won’t arrive before I leave in a few hours. Will be out of town through Memorial Day. Hopefully it can survive that long if it actually shows up :(

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 307 62.5%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 124 25.3%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 39 7.9%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.6%