Schrauf’s Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up returning the lightning clownfish and didn't get a fourth. Didn't want to chance any fighting among them. Everything has been going well now! My firefish still likes to hide for days, but I'm hoping he'll warm up and start hanging out in the open in the future
Ah, good to hear about the lightning.

Anecdotal, I've had my firefish for about 6 weeks now and it hides 90% of the time. Only comes out if it smells food. Bummer, but that's the way it goes.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, good to hear about the lightning.

Anecdotal, I've had my firefish for about 6 weeks now and it hides 90% of the time. Only comes out if it smells food. Bummer, but that's the way it goes.
It was missing for the first few days I got it and thought it was a goner. Then it popped out for a day once and I was so surprised to see it :p

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2149.JPEG

I keep all my testing stuff in a Milwaukee sorter to make it easy. Decorated with all my favorite brands @WWC @REEFTIDE @SaltwaterAq @Reef Nutrition @Hanna Instruments (the Hanna one is the top side), Sicce, Buceplant, ORA, inTank, Tunze, and Aquaticarts. Missing a Bulk Reef Supply sticker yet, since it's hard to find of their brand ones.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2151.JPEG

I test Alk, Ca, and Mg every other day. I test Nitrates and Phosphates usually every week. But lately I've been testing Nitrate every other day and have been having to dose it. I love the @Hanna Instruments checkers! They're so easy to use. For Ca and Mg, I use Salifert

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2150.JPEG

I feed my freshwater tank algae pellets and SL-Aqua veggie strips daily. I also dose Bacter AE to help grow some algae for my cherry shrimp.

I feed @Reef Nutrition TDO Chroma Boost, Arcti-Pods, and Phyto-Feast daily. I'm considering switching to feeding live Arcti-Pods, Tiger-Pods, and Phyto-Feast from @Reef Nutrition; just have to figure out a good way to create a steady population in a refugium. I also broadcast feed Polyp Lab Reef-Roids several times a week.

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2151.JPEG

I test Alk, Ca, and Mg every other day. I test Nitrates and Phosphates usually every week. But lately I've been testing Nitrate every other day and have been having to dose it. I love the @Hanna Instruments checkers! They're so easy to use. For Ca and Mg, I use Salifert
Man don't let me catch you outside in a parking lot with that HR reagent LOL

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to remove my Tunze 9001. It just wasn't working in the small sump space of my Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25. My nitrates and phosphates recently climbed to 12.8 and 0.34 respectively. I'm cutting back to feeding every other day for now.

I am switching to a refugium using a ChaetoMax 9w LED. I ordered some ORA chaeto and Reef Nutrition Live Apex pods.

Last edited:

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to remove my Tunze 9001. It just wasn't working in the small sump space of my Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25. My nitrates and phosphates recently climbed to 12.8 and 0.34 respectively. I'm cutting back to feeding every other day for now.

I am switching to a refugium using a ChaetoMax 9w LED. I ordered some ORA chaeto and Reef Nutrition Live Apex pods.
Why wasn’t the 9001 working for you? I’m planning to use mine on my WB25.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why wasn’t the 9001 working for you? I’m planning to use mine on my WB25.

The sump compartments have 2 layers of glass between each compartment so that the water flows up before entering the next compartment. The spot where the water level lines up with the skimmer recommended line causes the magnet to be at a part where the two walls are. So rather than the magnet having to work across 1/4” glass, it’s across like 3/4”. If you can find a better way to have it stay in place and not float up, then you should be fine. I was struggling with this, since it fits perfect otherwise

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look in the attached picture, the space between the filter floss and the heaters is that gap that the magnet for the Tunze skimmer had to work across (but on the other side of the compartment)

364FF259-606F-42B7-AFFA-E83414F60F9D.jpeg

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I slipped the rubber blue gasket off the magnet and it slides between the two baffles. It obstructs the flow a little but seemed ok in my water test

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I slipped the rubber blue gasket off the magnet and it slides between the two baffles. It obstructs the flow a little but seemed ok in my water test

I’m happy you got it to work! If my refugium attempt doesn’t work then I may try doing what you did

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2162.JPEG

For anyone who is looking for a cheaper controller option, I love the Hydros collective! The app has gotten much better in the past few months. I love how all of the connections are as simple as adding an additional sensor or another power strip. My only hope is that they will make an 8 outlet version soon; since I plan on having all of my freshwater tanks run off of the same grouping as well.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup my refugium with an Innovative Marine Chaetomax LED, ORA chaeto, and some @Reef Nutrition Apex pods. My only issue is that I get light leak through the sump wall to the tank. This isn’t terrible though since I have it only on during the night

41C13D97-CCCB-40BB-8815-00BA1F832EDA.jpeg

86F8CA6C-2D7B-45A4-B9A1-16828D1C2720.jpeg

Back