Scoly refusing food?

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a lot of die off!!! All of that is from the goby throwing sand on it?! I hope it makes a speedy recovery :) Got any tips for helping them recover from die off? My new orange and blue one has a little bit of skeleton showing on the rim

My tip is what i mentioned before. Feed them a paste of reef roids daily. This works a majority of the time for me. I use it on most all my corals if they look sick, get stung, ect.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tip is what i mentioned before. Feed them a paste of reef roids daily. This works a majority of the time for me. I use it on most all my corals if they look sick, get stung, ect.
I do reefroids about 3x a week, I’ll make sure the scoly starts getting a healthy dose. Mostly spot feeding the sps and zoas cause I feed the scolies and lps at night but I’ll definitely tweak it a little so the scolies all get some. I used to reefroids the scolies but once I started feeding them meaty items at night it seemed kind of silly to feed them those tiny particles! I will try it tomorrow and update here

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a really nice scoly!! Beautiful colors, bet it cost a pretty penny! I’d definitely try to save that guy, are you doing anything special care wise for it or are you just gonna cover it and let it do it’s own thing?
Thanks! Yeah it’s always been one of my wish list corals. Too bad I wasn’t very lucky here! It was really discouraging watching it die off. I’m knocking on some wood as I say this... but the die off seems like it stopped. It’s been like this for about 2 months now. I haven’t given up hope yet! I’ll try some reef roid paste too. It can’t hurt anything at this point!

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my method: I take a small amount of the powder and add a small amount of tank water to make a nice paste. Them i use a small pipette and with the powerheads off i will gently squeeze the paste out into the corals mouth area and let it consume it for a bit before turning the powerheads back on.

Yeah, bigger pieces may seem better compared to tiny particles but i believe the reef roids may have more nutrition, especially for healing. This is just my opinion from observation though :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back