Scooter blenny gone

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just looking for my Apple TV remote on the ground around my tank, when I came across my scooter blenny on the carpet. I'm a big tough dude, but this sucked. I think the addition of the Kole Tang recently might have pushed him out or maybe he wasn't getting enough food. Either way, it's a bummer.
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG

Calla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man these kinds of pics are always so upsetting to me. [emoji22] I'm sorry! My gold nugget maroon took the jump of doom a couple of wks ago also.

OP
OP
alexgray1122

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man these kinds of pics are always so upsetting to me. [emoji22] I'm sorry! My gold nugget maroon took the jump of doom a couple of wks ago also.

Weird thing is, is that I have egg crate on top of my tank. So idk how he got out.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird thing is, is that I have egg crate on top of my tank. So idk how he got out.
Sorry for your loss.
Probably small enough to fit through the holes in eggcrate. I zip tie 1/4" netting to the bottom of eggcrate for my QT tanks. Might be something to consider for the future.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me. Lost my goby. Can't figure out how he got out as tank has screen top. Such a bummer!

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sorry for your loss! I just got a scooter blenny, and he is still in QT. Thankful when I see things like this that I have a glass lid on my tank. They are so cute and have great personalities!!

OP
OP
alexgray1122

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sorry for your loss! I just got a scooter blenny, and he is still in QT. Thankful when I see things like this that I have a glass lid on my tank. They are so cute and have great personalities!!

He was awesome. I fed him plenty and apparently it wasn't enough. Frustrating so please keep your blenny fed!

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very sorry. I have a scooter and I absolutely love him. I was worried about how much he was eating as he doesn't dart to grab food in the water column. Started shutting off all pumps/wave makers and he now knows to go up onto a rock and wait. The minute he sees the turkey baster, he's eager for his meal. I just squirt some frozen food onto the rock for him so he can eat his fill. Once he leaves his rock and I've seen him eat a few pcs of food, I turn everything back on. He is so full of personality, always comes to the glass to see and watch me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back