OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I definitely nuked them in the begining... I was too lazy to grab the seneye from the boxes of crap in the storage room. I figured 50% was a solid starting point with a few hours of T5 in the middle but underestimated the additional t5 output by a logn shot Id say. Lost a JF Sloar Flare milli frag and bleached a couple others but theyre slowly coming around now after I cut the T5 completely.

So short answer long.... Theyre still adjusting but going i the right direction now I think.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me a msg if you want to do that trade. Not sure what I could add to the pot but if you get a chance to sell, do so :)
Yep, I am game if you are? I’ll give you a call sometime tomorrow. Plates full today.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 45 minutes to kill around noon and may have crushed the @Pieces of the Ocean flash sale...

We snagged a Walt Disney, CC Voodoo magik, POTO side chic, POTO Tropical Sunset, TSA Bill Murray, JF Fox Flame, POTO Backdraft and two random unknown pieces From the $10/15 list.

Budget busted for a few months but needed something to kick my interest back into the tanks, I have been sort of blasé of late with them all.

Also placed an order for a couple more cleaner shrimp, a couple harlequin shrimp, some snails and a CBB from NY Aquatic.

May be looking to rehome my two tangs and the Swallowtail angel if anyone’s interested? Rich mentioned interest in the tangs so he’ll get first crack at them if he wants them. I want to get them out while the CBB goes through QT so he has a better introduction. I‘LL add another Tang down the line but smaller as the yellow and PBT are outgrowing the Mad Wrasse. The PBT especially.

Oddly after adding the Raions the PBT seems to chase its reflection more than ever. I guess the Radion combined with the Starphire glass act like a mirror... Who knew??

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats a killer stick lineup corey. Need to hook up soon for progression pics.

Ill be honest. Im bored a bit with the reef. Ill stir things up and drop em in for sh!ts and giggles.

Lmk. We can combine trips. Not till next week earliest tho. Takin off to colorado weds at 7am. Flying home friday night.

New tub getting put in. Combined the trip ;)

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good Rich. Hit me up when you get back and we can pick a day. Tanks not looking great at the moment anyway. GFO reactor found clogged today. Must’ve been that way a while as Po4 tested at .35. Lighting change may not have been my problem after all.

Lazy Reefer Syndrome is real my friends and I suffer from it greatly at times.

@Fudsey is correct. The Swallowtail wont snack on any LPS. And sorry brother, I owe you a call still. Been a scatter brain the last couple weeks for various reasons but the Light and Angel have your name on them.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Swallowtail wont snack on any LPS. And sorry brother, I owe you a call still. Been a scatter brain the last couple weeks for various reasons but the Light and Angel have your name on them.
I still need to hookup your 40B and clean out mine to give to you as well... been lazy as crap to my tank lately but nothing is upset even a little. My CBB gave up on eating aips, the bum, now have a few showing up as well as a monster in my zoas....

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to hookup your 40B and clean out mine to give to you as well... been lazy as crap to my tank lately but nothing is upset even a little. My CBB gave up on eating aips, the bum, now have a few showing up as well as a monster in my zoas....
Lets shoot for the 25th to make some exchanges. Unless you want to do it sooner? Either way is fine by me but I can bring the Angel and Light and take home the 40B on the 25th so you have a few weeks to swap it. You can take your time swapping the lights on your end and either mail em down or you and Lori can take a ride some weekend and spend a couple hours here checking things out. Dogs must come too!!

bummer about the CBB... Must be on a beach body diet. He’ll start again in the fall ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we seem to have a series of speed bumps in the MadWrasse. Losing corals every other day it seems. Thought the lighting change was my issue but finally checked nitrate a phosphate a couple weeks ago to find Po4 at .35. Tested .05 for months strait and we got complacent. Have been bringing numbers down but Damage was done.

pulled out a few skeletons over the weekend and just pulled out a couple more. Also cut some pieces that were dying to hopefully save some pieces of them but Im not optimistic.

Trying to reset things with some larger water changes but again Im late to the party so no telling what will make it through.
Fish are all doing well though.
Getting ready to pull the PBT, Yellow Tang and Angel for some smaller replacements.

Got a CBB in QT now doing very well with a small Purple and Chocolate Tang coming in later this week. Should help bring down the bioload a touch while they're smaller.

The reefs looking quite sad at the moment which hurts but with any luck Ill right the ship.

Moral of the story is you cant let your guard down at all with an SPS tank. 6 months of nearly identical tests gone to a clogged gfo reactor pump.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back