Seachem Marine Salt

  • Thread starter Thread starter bamareef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bamareef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Location
North Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had an luck with this salt? I may be able to get it for a good price. I have been using ReefCrystals and like that product. Any good reviews would be greatly appreciated.
 
I don't know about the Seachem, but I have used Instant Ocean and Oceanic. Of the two, Oceanic is my choice. I don't like the Instant Ocean and only use that brand when I must. I'll explain why.

1: The instant ocean clumps. By the time I'm finished with a bag of instant ocean, it has clumped into one huge solid hunk of salt.

2: There are small white dust particles that don't disolve when I mix. This dust like particles always remain in my tank until filtered out.

The Oceanic has always worked well for me in it's resealable jugs. The salt quality seems much better than the Instant Ocean. It doesn't clump, there are no fine powder like substances that float around in my tank or won't dissolve. Oceanic cost a few bucks more, but I prefer it over IO any day. And I've never heard my fish complain about it. :)

I have a smaller 30 gallon tank so I purchase the jugs rated for 50 gallons. They seem to last me awhile considering my 3-4 water changes a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new