SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
secret santa.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ho!! Thank you all for your patience while we worked out the details, but without further adieu...

Let's get this party started!! It's our 2022 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

We're getting a bit of a late start this year, but we're still going to have a blast spreading Christmas cheer!!!

NOTE: To those who have been part of our Secret Santa before, this one will be slightly different. I promise there are some good reasons for the changes, and we hope they will lead to a better experience over all.

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age (only exceptions to this will be participants who have been part of our Secret Santa before)
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (Suggested gift range is $25-$50. More on this below.)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register so that we can easily match you with your Secret Santa.*
  • The first matchup will take place on November 24th so that all of you eager Secret Santas can take advantage of Black Friday shopping. After this, matches will happen weekly through December 10th.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 17, 2022.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: This year's Secret Santa will have 2 groups for those outside the US: 1) Canadian participants, 2) other international participants. While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US or Canada.
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile as your nickname. This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift. Suggested gift range is $25-$50. You may give more, but be aware that you may not receive more than this amount.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, so I don't think it's a problem to ask. However, due to some situations we've run into before, we're making this a requirement. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. About Elfster wishlists: We're getting away from using these this year. Instead, we're asking each participant to make a more detailed profile and asking each Secret Santa to get a gift based on that profile. Our hope is that this will take some of the focus off of receiving and refocus us on giving and why we do this to begin with. We realize some of you may still enjoy making wish lists, and we're fine with you doing that, but know that your Secret Santa is being encouraged not to really look at that for gift giving this year.
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 17th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by the deadline, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
  6. Do you collect anything?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
  11. What's your favorite fish?
  12. Favorite coral?
  13. Favorite invert?
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

#R2RSecretSanta

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States - Wisconsin
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Reagents for Neptune Trident and Frozen food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Eat out and Movies
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Flying, cooking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I took care of that issue- Now get up when I feel like it
  6. Do you collect anything? rare coins
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Below Deck and Star Wars
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Love reggae, but also pop , jazz and dance
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Packers(the horrile Packers( and Eagles and Ohio State
  11. What's your favorite fish? Harlequin Tusk
  12. Favorite coral? Softies
  13. Favorite invert? Shrimp ( coral banded, cleaner. blood red)
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 400 and 660g
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Setting up 400 now and 1500g in the future
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Feeding time
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Sales
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef related
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Maybe
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Novelty items and things not to send and allergies

Last edited:

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USA
  1. What is one thing you always need more of?
Time... and salt
  1. What do you like to do on the weekends?
As little as possible. Clean the sump, watch the fish do what fish do.
  1. What are your other hobbies/interests?
Warhammer 40k... how do I still have money with these hobbies.
  1. How do you relax after a long day at work?
I don't. By the time I relax I'm back at work.
  1. Do you collect anything?
Acropora count?
  1. What is your favorite color?
Cobalt Blue
  1. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Firefly/Serenity
  1. What type of music do you listen to?
Literally everything.
  1. Do you follow any sports teams?
No.
  1. What's your favorite fish?
Solon Red Head Wrasse
  1. Favorite coral?
Acropora Loripes
  1. Favorite invert?
Nems... all the nems.
  1. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
60 cube, 50 breeder tide pool, 120g, 90g...
I do have a build thread, somewhere... I haven't done much with it recently.
  1. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
I am always upgrading and tinkering with my tanks.
  1. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
Polyp Extension
  1. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
The tech, the fish, the corals, the corals, did I mention the corals?
  1. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Fragging tools, superglue, gloves, TOWELS!!!
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
I mean, if someone wants to send me something, and it's not a crab (If it's got claws, it's got flaws).... I said CLAWS NOT CLAUS! stop looking at me like that Santa.
  1. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
What about questions you asked I wish you hadn't?.... nah I kid, I kid, we good.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What country are you located in?
United states
What is one thing you always need more of?
4in filter socks, torchs, fragplugs
What do you like to do on the weekends?
Spend time with my 3 kids and fur kids. Clean tanks and work on future builds.
What are your other hobbies/interests?
Handy man restore furniture and coach kids soccer.
How do you relax after a long day at work?
On the couch with the kiddos watching tv and our tanks.
Do you collect anything?
Coral lol, tools, paintings.
What is your favorite color?
Orange, lime green
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Step Brothers
What type of music do you listen to?
Everything
Do you follow any sports teams?
Kc Chiefs
What's your favorite fish?
Scopas tang
Favorite coral?
Torch and hammers
Favorite invert?
Trochus snails
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
15g column starter tank 2 clown a goby and cleaner shrimp. 20g frag 2 percula coral inverts.
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
55g frag tank with custom sump waiting on a gate valve and was hoping maybe black friday sale. Lol..
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
The flow of the corals.
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
The friendships gained and the endless amounts of ideas.
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Would love a 1in slip to slip spears gate valve lol but wavemakers even cheapos coral(torchs, hammer, frogspawn)
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock
Yes would love like mentioned above torch corals hammer or frogspawn also my dream fish l scopas tang (i would say black tang but lets be honest that is well over 50$ lol.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Get my nails done/at home spa days, Netflix, sleep, play with my dog, enjoy my saltwater aquariums.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I enjoy getting my nails done, all things beauty (I’m a girly girly), and shopping.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Netflix and a snack.
  6. Do you collect anything? No not really…does coral and anything saltwater related count?
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple and all things glittery/holographic.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Grey’s Anatomy and Elf.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? The Eagles but I wouldn’t say I’m a sports fanatic.
  11. What's your favorite fish? Gobies/blennies
  12. Favorite coral? Euphyllia and bubble coral
  13. Favorite invert? Starfish
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 20 gallon reef tank with 2 clownfish, a damselfish, a midas blenny, a cleaner shrimp, some hermit crabs, and a starfish along with various coral. And a 5 gallon tank with a little purple reef lobster. Yes. I have a build thread.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No. But I hope to one day in the future when I have more room.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My starfish.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Reef-A-Palooza and trading coral.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? Fish related: Any purple, pink, or blue LPS coral etc. a gift card to my local fish store Something Fishy in Northampton, PA. Not fish related: Any snacks sweet/salty except for dark chocolate which I don’t like (no allergies). I love any beauty products too: lotion, face masks, etc.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes. Coral…specifically any LPS or soft coral and macroalgae (chaeto and sea lettuce…specifically). NO SPS CORAL!
  20. If you want to learn more about me and my interests. Please feel free to visit my website www.aydenlincoln.com and my social media @AydenLincoln. Here’s a link to my Elfster Wishlist which included my Amazon and BRS Wishlist: https://www.elfster.com/profile/061...h-lists/c70e6f37-b4b1-49d3-8063-de44f1130311/

Last edited:

Fruity Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time... haha
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I am a full time musician so I am usually out playing music.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Definitely Music
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I either play games with my husband or grab a beer and watch the tank
  6. Do you collect anything? I collect cool draft beer handles
  7. What is your favorite color? teal/aqua
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Bobs Burgers & live concerts
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Literally everything from Classical, metal, country, pop, etc. Although I do very much prefer folk/americana (think Sierra Ferrel or Nathanial Ratliffe)
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? I do not do sports ball
  11. What's your favorite fish? Clowns and mandarins
  12. Favorite coral? Torches & Zoas
  13. Favorite invert? Tuxedo Urchin
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a small fluval evo that I keep a pair of clowns in and I am literally starting my first reef tank on its cycle today!
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I have a fun plan for my new reef tank involving a nice colorful zoa garden and a Banana Torch
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love watching my clowns explore
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? torches & fish
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything a newer reefer would find enjoyable! :)
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I am pretty specific on my livestock and things so I would say no, plus its kind of a headache for the gift giver.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coffee!!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? What’s this mysterious weekend that you speak of??? I work retail so I’m usually working. I do like being a beach bum or doing nature hikes.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Anything ocean or nature related. I’m hoping to start getting into nature photography.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Umm…Does sleep count? Either that or go for walk with my pup on the beach.
  6. Do you collect anything? Not particularly
  7. What is your favorite color? Pink
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Hmm…I’m a Disney fanatic so anything by Disney
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Yes!! The Philadelphia Eagles!!!
  11. What's your favorite fish? Seahorses!!!
  12. Favorite coral? Zoas
  13. Favorite invert? Anemones
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Sadly, I do not have a tank!!! I’m sorry!!! Please forgive me!!!
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Maybe I will start a tank in the future.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? It was my seahorses.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Honestly, all of it!!
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Coffee, lotion, snacks (no allergies), anything reef themed to help get my butt in gear to setup a tank,
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USA, Connecticut
  1. What is one thing you always need more of?
new/unique Ideas for my tanks!
  1. What do you like to do on the weekends?
spend time with friends, play video games, relax, eat out at restaurants
  1. What are your other hobbies/interests?
I love to learn new things, and keeo my self busy learning all sorts of tricks skills and things like that. I like Hockey, football, legos, i love to build things.
  1. How do you relax after a long day at work?
legos, video games, social media, watching my fish
  1. Do you collect anything?
Watches, fish stickers!!!!, Tupac and Biggie memorabilia
  1. What is your favorite color?
Red
  1. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
The Witcher
  1. What type of music do you listen to?
All types but lots of 90s rap
  1. Do you follow any sports teams?
Pittsburgh Steelers, NY Rangers
  1. What's your favorite fish?
Blotched Anthias
  1. Favorite coral?
Frogspawn
  1. Favorite invert?
Turbo Snails
  1. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
450 gallon FOWLR currently in the process of turning it into a reef tank. in my tank I have:

Potato the yellow belly Puffer
Puppy the Stars and Stripes Puffer
Maurice the Emperor Snapper
Julian the Emperor Angel
Frank the File Fish
Mingii the Vlamingii Tang
Closseau the Maculosis Angel
Prince the Purple Tang
Dory the Hippo Tang
Rory the Hippo Tang
Mr Clean the Cleaner Wrasse
Sloth the Asfur Angel

I do have a build thread you can reach it by clicking my build thread badge!
  1. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
lots! corals and all sorts of necessities to turn my Fowlr into a reef.
  1. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
swimming and eating
  1. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
having corals
  1. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
frag plugs, coral glue, other basic coral necessities , maybe a basic how to guide for corals
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
no, still working on rehoming my large predatorial species that will eat smaller fish
  1. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
N/A

Can’t wait to see who i get, Happy holidays!!!!

LisaMarie

Addicted to Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What country are you located in? USA, TN

What is one thing you always need more of? Salt

What do you like to do on the weekends? work on my tanks, read and learn

What are your other hobbies/interests? houseplants and planted freshwater tanks

How do you relax after a long day at work? Work on aquariums or garden

Do you collect anything? reef related art

What is your favorite color? turquoise

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? classic Christmas movies and Planet Earth series

What type of music do you listen to? all

Do you follow any sports teams? nope

What's your favorite fish? Mandarin dragonet

Favorite coral? zoanthids

Favorite invert? urchins

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Just bought new 50g - still under construction. Will have build thread up soon!

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? just want to get my 50g up and running

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? feeding time and zoanthids

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? love raising my own food (pods, plankton, mysis, whiteworms, etc)

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) anything reef related

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* tank not ready for livestock yet

Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) not that I can think of

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Santa Claus ...
I assume this was a typo? What is the correct date for the first matchup?

The first matchup will take place on November 16th so that all of you eager Secret Santas can take advantage of Black Friday shopping.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh good, I'm in. I'll edit this in a bit - Following now so I can fill out when I hit my desktop PC again. Phone is not interested in that kind of responsibility.

Edited with answers:

1. What country are you located in? USA - FL
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? time, patience, coffee beans, fresh honey
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I'm a retail manager, I barely get weekends - but days off are spent reading a lot, doing plant stuff, hanging out with Skeletor & the husband, kayaking, etc.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I collect bones/taxidermy/assorted oddities, I have a pretty cool dog I'm 95% obsessed with (his name is Skeletor, he's a greyhound, he's the best boy), I love to read, I make my own mustards and a variety of syrups for drinks/coffees.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? read a book, glass of red wine or a dark beer, pet the noodledog, watch the tank
  6. Do you collect anything? bones, furs, taxidermy, oddities, uranium glass, amberina glass, plant cuttings, souls
  7. What is your favorite color? grey
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TV show: Fringe. Movie: Howls Moving Castle
  9. What type of music do you listen to? punk
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? negative
  11. What's your favorite fish? marine betta
  12. Favorite coral? softies: leathers/toadstools primarily. lps: acanthophyllia, cynarina
  13. Favorite invert? cocoworms, featherdusters
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a few tanks.... and a few build threads.... cade1200 currently in the process of getting put into storage until the move: mixed reef tank, has a little bit of everything. cade600 currently holding on to what the 1200 usually has, after the move that will become a seahorse tank. lifegard 4.1 pico tank, shrooms & 2 minimaxis with a few assorted zoas. .32g micro with assorted freebie frags I've gotten over time. Cades in the build badge, others in the signature
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? We're moving mid 2023, after the move the 1200 gets set back up with its normal crew and the 600 will become a seahorse tank
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? lps feeding, fish interactions, softie fluff
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? progress? growth? things doing what I intend for them to do instead of fighting me every step of the way? just peaceful coexistence in the tank in general
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) bones, vintage UV reactive glass, gift cards for google play or amazon kindle which yeah are really impersonal in theory but BOOKS, fish/coral foods, houseplants, board games, coffee beans, fresh honey, idk.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no thanks, our shipping is sketchy this time of year. GC always welcome though :)

Last edited:

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Proper Reef Equipment
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? When not working, hang out with family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Wannabe mechanic
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch my fish tank or relax in the recliner
  6. Do you collect anything? Coins and fossils and corals
  7. What is your favorite color? Black or Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Any world war 2 movie
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Anything except screamo/heavy metal
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not really but I’d go for Columbus Blue Jackets gear or Ohio State gear
  11. What's your favorite fish? Anything with good color
  12. Favorite coral? Oregon Tort
  13. Favorite invert? Starfish
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 65 gallon mixed reef and 32 gallon anemone tank. I have a build thread but it’s not updated
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Possibly rescaping soon which is why the acrylic rods are on my list
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The small stuff. Yes the overall view is nice but also finding all the little things you don’t get to look at.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Been getting into SPS so there’s that
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Hannah test kits, gyre powerheads, spare EB832, Ranco prewired temp controller
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes and anything reef safe. I have invasive corals and they don’t bother me as they are good fillers. So anything really
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?TORCHES
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?FAMILY ACTIVITIES
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?NO TIME
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?LOOK AT THE TANKS
  6. Do you collect anything?TORCHES
  7. What is your favorite color?DARK PURPLE
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?BETTER CALL SAUL
  9. What type of music do you listen to?ALL
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?NO
  11. What's your favorite fish?TOO MANY TO LIST
  12. Favorite coral?TORCH
  13. Favorite invert?ELEPHANT SLUG
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?3 TANKS RIGHT NOW, SEAHORSE, 220 TORCH TANK, 370G LAGOON
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? NOT AS OF NOW
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?TORCHES
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?ALL OF IT
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)FRAG RACKS
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*YES TORCHES HAHAH

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
    USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Salt (Reef Crystals) and test kit reagents (Red Sea/Hanna)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Fishing, camping, boating, anything outdoors
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? See #3 + gaming, wood working, billiards, traveling
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Reefing is honestly my chill time.
  6. Do you collect anything? No.
  7. What is your favorite color? Green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star Wars, Alien, LOTR, Harry Potter
  9. What type of music do you listen to? I’m a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? NY Jets, Tampa Lightning, NZ All Blacks
  11. What's your favorite fish? Gobies for the tank sharks in the ocean
  12. Favorite coral? Favia/favites
  13. Favorite invert? Tiger shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Yes check out my build thread! Young 90 gal system doing well!
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Super young tank lots to add!
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My mandarin
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Just creating and watching the ecosystem thrive!
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Frags are awesome if you have and are willing- otherwise general keeping stuff- reef crystals salt, red sea or hanna tests, ocean magik- or anything related to my interests above not necessarily reefing.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure! As long as its reef safe!
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) nope!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back