Welcome to R2R!!
Marine Life Sea GIF by BBC

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Jimbo. I would think that following Billdg’s advice would be sound.
You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r, hope all is well.
Already some good advice in thread .

But I'll add if you don't work weekends,then do it on weekend and ask a friend or 2 to help you and if buy a crate of beer and get some pizzas or something as gesture for helping.

Myself I would be wanting to get corals into a container with some live rock,flow and heat and rest some kind of light on the container or hang it above.
And fish,live rock,flow and heat and not so important for light for fishes if a day or 2.
And use water from old tank for fish and corals.
Then get old tank out and new tank in,in same day and put some live rock in new tank with aone water and flow,and heat,even if new 200g not full is ok.

Maybe before the install day you could do the plumbing for new tank to save time on Install day,just set up tank somewhere else temporary to do this ,then on install day will be quicker.even if dont glue it,just measure,cut everything to size then remove plumbing to move tank then installing plumbing be much quicker as all prepped.
Basically prep as much as you can before the day.

Anyway welcome and goodluck ^_^

Edit: as for if you got lights that hang over a tank,you could use these for the coral in the holding tank by getting 2 step ladders and plank of wood going from one ladder to other and hang the lights from the wood over coral holding tank,won't look pretty but will do the job,if not 2 step ladders just ask friends/ family/ neighbours if can borrow there's.
Or any other makeshift way to hang lights similar to this

OP
OP
J

jimbo32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r, hope all is well.
Already some good advice in thread .

But I'll add if you don't work weekends,then do it on weekend and ask a friend or 2 to help you and if buy a crate of beer and get some pizzas or something as gesture for helping.

Myself I would be wanting to get corals into a container with some live rock,flow and heat and rest some kind of light on the container or hang it above.
And fish,live rock,flow and heat and not so important for light for fishes if a day or 2.
And use water from old tank for fish and corals.
Then get old tank out and new tank in,in same day and put some live rock in new tank with aone water and flow,and heat,even if new 200g not full is ok.

Maybe before the install day you could do the plumbing for new tank to save time on Install day,just set up tank somewhere else temporary to do this ,then on install day will be quicker.even if dont glue it,just measure,cut everything to size then remove plumbing to move tank then installing plumbing be much quicker as all prepped.
Basically prep as much as you can before the day.

Anyway welcome and goodluck ^_^

Edit: as for if you got lights that hang over a tank,you could use these for the coral in the holding tank by getting 2 step ladders and plank of wood going from one ladder to other and hang the lights from the wood over coral holding tank,won't look pretty but will do the job,if not 2 step ladders just ask friends/ family/ neighbours if can borrow there's.
Or any other makeshift way to hang lights similar to this
Thankyou so much I’ve got 3 lights for the new tank so used one over the corals this morning already happy and opened up and will get my second box ready for the fish and rest of the corals tomorrow after that it’s go go go I would start the plumbing but as you are aware I can’t plumb tank till I’m it’s final position which is a pain also it weighs a ton water is ready just needs heating and also have a box full of seeded live rock in a box with heater and powerhead so that’s ready too go in too

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou so much I’ve got 3 lights for the new tank so used one over the corals this morning already happy and opened up and will get my second box ready for the fish and rest of the corals tomorrow after that it’s go go go I would start the plumbing but as you are aware I can’t plumb tank till I’m it’s final position which is a pain also it weighs a ton water is ready just needs heating and also have a box full of seeded live rock in a box with heater and powerhead so that’s ready too go in too
Seems like you prepared and ready .
Good luck and hope all goes to plan with as little as possible hic ups ^_^

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back