Setting up a 29 gallon bio Qube

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bax71
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bax71

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Lakeland
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I would like to get your opinion on more of the filtration that I would need for this tank. Here is what I have so far I have the LED light integrated into the hood. I have the media. Tower and the refugee tower. My pump currently is a 800 gallon per I have picked up a dosing pump DP-3 What other filtrations should I get for this before I sent everything up? I do 20 pounds of live rock running in a separate tank. for the last two months. I do have refugee light. here is a few photos so far if I need to get a ozone UV sterilizer anything like that please let me know. I appreciate all your info. I would like to be able to have everything I need before starting the tank up.

IMG_0130.jpeg IMG_0128.jpeg IMG_0085.jpeg IMG_0124.jpeg IMG_0086.jpeg IMG_0084.jpeg
 
Here is some more photos of the led light system I put in
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 28
Maybe you should start a build thread? ;)
 
You gonna put a small skimmer in, or just do water changes?
 
In my 29-gallon tank, I had a small refugium at the bottom and a hang-on-back filter. The setup worked well.
 
Hello everyone, I would like to get your opinion on more of the filtration that I would need for this tank. Here is what I have so far I have the LED light integrated into the hood. I have the media. Tower and the refugee tower. My pump currently is a 800 gallon per I have picked up a dosing pump DP-3 What other filtrations should I get for this before I sent everything up? I do 20 pounds of live rock running in a separate tank. for the last two months. I do have refugee light. here is a few photos so far if I need to get a ozone UV sterilizer anything like that please let me know. I appreciate all your info. I would like to be able to have everything I need before starting the tank up.

\

Plenty of rock is good surface area for beneficial bacteria

UV and Ozone are unnecessary but a nice to have IMO

Sand if you are going to do that will help some on filtration

Start a build thread!

Welcome to R2R
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new