Hungry coral this morning.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8321.jpeg
    IMG_8321.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8322.jpeg
    IMG_8322.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8323.jpeg
    IMG_8323.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 58
Finally got some phosphate reagents and tested today. Sitting at 0.07, very happy with that result. Will continue to feed coral every 2 days and test phosphate to make sure it doesn’t climb too high.
IMG_8373.jpeg
 
P03 gone up to 0.11…. That’s a 0.04 increase in two days. Time to slow down on coral feeding for a bit.
IMG_8386.jpeg
 
Also my calcium is a bit low, with my 2 small water changes it’s staying pretty stable at 380/390. I think the rapid growth of my clams is taking up quite a bit.
 
Coral is all looking quite happy. Other than my Milka stylo. It’s not as bushy as it should be. It’s encrusting quite well but not doing its best. Round of testing tomorrow and I’m way overdue for a carbon change.

Also, aptasia are EVERYWHERE. 25 days until my filefish comes home. Hope he’s hungry.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8474.jpeg
    IMG_8474.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8470.jpeg
    IMG_8470.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8467.jpeg
    IMG_8467.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 62
Another week of testing revealed that not feeding the corals for 5 days dropped my phosphate back to almost zero.

Going to feed every two days and test after a week to see where we’re at.


IMG_8477.jpeg
 
Coral is all looking quite happy. Other than my Milka stylo. It’s not as bushy as it should be. It’s encrusting quite well but not doing its best. Round of testing tomorrow and I’m way overdue for a carbon change.

Also, aptasia are EVERYWHERE. 25 days until my filefish comes home. Hope he’s hungry.
You going to use anything else besides the filefish to get rid of your aiptasia? or just see what the filefish does?
 
Slacking on my water change and testing last week. Suspicion that my magnesium is an ultra low. Going to buy a test kit today and find out!

In other news, I’m opening a restaurant! So I’ll be so so busy the next couple months. Gotta stay on track with the tank even when life gets in the way. Oh!!! Also my fish come home in only 16 days! Woo
 
Slacking on my water change and testing last week. Suspicion that my magnesium is an ultra low. Going to buy a test kit today and find out!

In other news, I’m opening a restaurant! So I’ll be so so busy the next couple months. Gotta stay on track with the tank even when life gets in the way. Oh!!! Also my fish come home in only 16 days! Woo
Congrats on opening a restaurant! What kind of restaurant is it?
 
Unfortunately I just don’t have time to take care of two tanks, so the little nano that was beside the R120 is no more.

It does give a cleaner look to the space however! I do have plans for I put something in that space but for now let’s just keep it empty.
IMG_8693.jpeg
 
Also I think I just saw a trochus start to spawn. Could be a milky tank in the morning!
 
Opening a restaurant! Maybe you can find a space there for a new tank 😉
Trust me when I say I’ve thought of it! 🤣 Doesn’t quite fit the vibe though! Maybe I’ll hide a nano in my office.
 
Absolutely love feeding corals under the moonlight!

 
Added a few coral today. Two goniopora and another torch.

Decided to remove two of my bigger toadstools. One of my yellow Fiji, and the bigger Japanese toadstool are going to be rehomed. They just take up a bit too much real estate.

I’m also going to attempt to start dosing today. Sps aren’t looking too happy so a big round of testing and dosing will begin tonight!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new