IMG_0433.jpeg
 
Cyano creeping in. Big round of testing in the morning, see what’s going on.
 
Back to basics. Added a bunch of zoanthids and started added some Monti cap!
 
Frags on the sand for now until I get a day off and I can glue them. They’re super healthy and already open.
IMG_0607.jpeg
 
Productive day off.

Weekly water change done, glass scraped clean, skimmer emptied.

Also mounted all my zoanthids frags! Few small LPS frags still not doing well from the Dino disaster but mostly things are okay.

Setting my doser back up tomorrow and will start weekly testing again.
 
New idea. Add a 24” cube to the right hand side and grow a mangrove tree with a ton of macro.


IMG_0659.jpeg
 
N03 at 50ppm…. I guess I can cool it on the ammonium dosing. Oops
 
Last edited:
Got some additives from my Aussie homies Dalua and Coral Essentials.

Now the tank is back on track I’d like to set them up for success. Starting with dosing manganese for my goniopora!

IMG_0844.jpeg
 
Turns out dosing manganese isn’t so easy. Definitely going to need to send an ICP or two to get a base line.
 
Glass ordered for the side tank! Looking forward to having a refugium! One of my favourite parts other than some slight nutrient control in having a tank on opposite light schedule. Helps with PH swings but also gives me something to look at, no matter the time of day. Having said that I’ll mostl likely blackout the right side of the R120 so the inhabitants aren’t bothered by the light at night.
 
I generally avoid using granular ferric oxide to remove phosphate. However, my phosphate is out of control and just keeps rising and rising no matter what I do. Having said that today I added a small amount of GFO. I also replaced carbon and I’m currently cleaning powerHeads with some citric acid.

I think I’m going to bit the bullet and use chemiclean for this pesky cyano as well. And I really really really need to rehome these two big fish!
 
Tank looks great! Been following along, i just ordered the R150. Question, can you remove this part and plumb a reefmat 500? I’m not sure how else to do it, I’m hoping the reefmat hose just screws to the pipe there but we know luck like that never happens lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 81
Tank looks great! Been following along, i just ordered the R150. Question, can you remove this part and plumb a reefmat 500? I’m not sure how else to do it, I’m hoping the reefmat hose just screws to the pipe there but we know luck like that never happens lol
I haven’t personally tried to remove that part but looking at the screws it looks like it’s removable
 
Tank looks great! Been following along, i just ordered the R150. Question, can you remove this part and plumb a reefmat 500? I’m not sure how else to do it, I’m hoping the reefmat hose just screws to the pipe there but we know luck like that never happens lol
UNS also sells some retrofit kits that you can use to attach a roller mat
 
OK, it’s been a while without an update.

The tank is doing OK. The fish are fat and healthy and I couldn’t be happier with that. Having said that the corals are suffering I still have super high phosphate, although I managed to lower it to 0.23. I added some phosban and I’m feeeding a bit less.

Need to pick up some frozen food as it’s lower and phosphate than the dry food that I’ve been using.

Plan for the next little bit is less and change out filter a little more often. Another big mistake was adding too many fish, too fast, including two very big fish the sailfin tang and Goldspot rabbit fish.

So those two are going to be rehomed very very very soon, as soon as my friends get off their ***** and fill up their very big aquariums!
 
Added a chunk of live rock covered In Vietnamese Rhodactis from a local reefers tank. Trying to slowly replace the dry rock with some of that good good LR.
 
Oh I also turned down the lights about 20%, I realized I had them way too high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new