Sharp substrait question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
638
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed in the past that my LPS's tend to recede back around the edges when I place them on the substrait. It has me wondering if it is because the sand is just too sharp and irritating the coral tissue into recession? Has anyone else had this problem?
 
I recently just added crushed coral to my temp tank in these glass dishes I got from the dollar store. I thought they might like it better than on eggcrate. Mine still open on the crushed coral which has definitely is not a smooth surface. I have my lobo, wellso, acans, and plates on it. If crushed coral isn't too sharp I don't think even coarse sand would bother them.

Maybe the flow is too strong across the sandbed? That would definitely irritate them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new