Shimmer with 8x39 ATI T5's

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get some shimmer in the tank. Currently running 8x39W ATI T5's. A long bar type LED like reefbrite (XHO?) would be perfect aesthetically installation-wise, but not sure they would provide any shimmer.

Apex dimmability would be a bonus. Depending on intensity, may even consider running 6x39 + LED for the bulk and the additional 2x39 for a few peak hours. At minimum 6x39 & led's needs to provide some shimmer.

Miss the shimmer from my 2x250W HQI's...

Recommendations?
 
I had Current orbit LEDs, great shimmer, but NOT strong enough to grow the Acros. So I just purchased the ATI 8- bulb, no dimmer. My sps growth has increased noticeably within a month, and I'm adding the LEDs for the shimmer and the blues only. It's a great look
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new