• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darbna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been shipping coral for quite some time now. At the same time, I personally and we as a company have been ordering coral online for years. It never ceases to amaze me of all the different methods out there when if comes to shipping coral. True there isn't one "right" way to pack and ship coral but we wanted to share a little 2 part video on the way we have found to be most successful. Because after all, isn't success we all strive for in this hobby of ours.

Part one-

Part two-

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool thanks for the video!

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for sharing. I've seen some awesome packaging in my time in the hobby and some that look someone let a 5 year old do it.

How do you determine if you need a heat pack or a cooler pack?

OP
OP
Darbna

Darbna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for sharing. I've seen some awesome packaging in my time in the hobby and some that look someone let a 5 year old do it.

How do you determine if you need a heat pack or a cooler pack?
That my freind is one for the ages. It’s a touch and go situation. We weather every package that’s going out on a day by day basis. The biggest challenge is we are located in south Florida and other parts of the country has snow on the ground. A rule of thumb is below 60 sustained wil get a heat pack. That being said, it’s not a one and done answer on this one and is one of those things you have to gauge on each shipment. Also, it’s very important to make sure your bags are completely dry prior to going in the box otherwise humidity is created and will kill your heat pack.

JoeIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know that guy!

Our frags made it home from RaP safe and sound, and Matthew says he loves his $6 frag ;)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been shipping coral for quite some time now. At the same time, I personally and we as a company have been ordering coral online for years. It never ceases to amaze me of all the different methods out there when if comes to shipping coral. True there isn't one "right" way to pack and ship coral but we wanted to share a little 2 part video on the way we have found to be most successful. Because after all, isn't success we all strive for in this hobby of ours.

Part one-

Part two-

Part one-

Part two-

Thanks for video, comrade . Not being difficult, at LRS, I never see corals packed like that, were bag in air, it's on a table. There's delicate corals out there, I can't see spinning bag like in video to seal it. And some corals(sun polyp corals ) or live rock from wild caught colonies have jagged edge rocks, see puctures to bag. Just communication

OP
OP
Darbna

Darbna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for video, comrade . Not being difficult, at LRS, I never see corals packed like that, were bag in air, it's on a table. There's delicate corals out there, I can't see spinning bag like in video to seal it. And some corals(sun polyp corals ) or live rock from wild caught colonies have jagged edge rocks, see puctures to bag. Just communication
We have had nothing but success spinning the bag to seal like that, and thats why we use 4MM bags then double bag it. In addition to the "stoney" corals puncturing, thats what the ramikin is for. We place the frag plug in a slit made in that cup and that serves as a buffer to keep the coral from bouncing off the bag itself. We are shipping a few hundred coral a week and this has been our method with minimal loss. Appreciate your input though.

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the video, Very helpful!!! What site Do you recommend to buy the insulated coolers and box from? I’d like to ship a few corals to my cousins in Canada and Puerto Rico. Cheers bud!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back