Show me your Ponape Birdsnest's

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
637
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the Ponape Birdsnest coral is one of the most under rated SPS's there is. I have had mine for about 2 months now and I love it. I just wish I could capture the colors properly with my camera. Please post up pic's of yours as well!



 
Think this is what you are looking for....
13 months ago, When we first got our BN from a LFS.
wuw025.jpg

few months latter..
DSCN1996.jpg

100_6621.jpg

DSCN2002.jpg

Now..
odd20_zps3cb57d9e.jpg

odd18_zps4e54962e.jpg


There has been several frags cut from this over the last year. It's hard to get the green to show up in the pics.
DSCN4371_zps5c39b0d2.jpg

DSCN4374_zps6b460160.jpg

DSCN4369_zps16549eb4.jpg


I have recently picked up a pink BN. Really hope it does has good as this one.
 
Ya it is. Its amazing how often it gets passed over on over here. I think its awsome.
 

Attachments

  • 20130920_205924.jpg
    20130920_205924.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 495
  • 20130924_181532.jpg
    20130924_181532.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 775
  • 20130924_181424.jpg
    20130924_181424.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 528
Frag lol
 

Attachments

  • 1380075016303.jpg
    1380075016303.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 426
...
 

Attachments

  • 20130924_190134.jpg
    20130924_190134.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 20130924_190121.jpg
    20130924_190121.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 464
fish tank 046.jpg

I just took this a minute ago coincidentally. This is near the bottom of my tank almost in the shadow of my purple monti.
 
This is a HORRIBLE picture of this coral as my camera picks up the green so much better than the purple tips... It is also from back in January 2013 and has since almost doubled in size. I need to trim it down one of these days.

DSCF7412_zps4446fd30.jpg


I find it amazing the different growth patterns people have with the same coral. Mine is lineaged to Tyree as an "old school" LE coral.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new