OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple new pictures of my 250. Nothing special but I feel like it's finally coming along pretty good. Have definitely seen some improvements in growth and look of my corals since getting the CO2 scrubber going. Also got my lid in from Artfully Acrylic. Really happy with the fit and finish of it. The cutouts for my light mounts was a little tighter than I wanted but I was able to make it work. Took just over a month to get it so a little sooner than the 6 weeks I was expecting.

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Looks great with the 700 on there... nice and sleek!

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. Has been a great resource while setting up my new Reefer 250. I did the locline return mod.

Return pump: Eheim 3000+
Skimmer: Sea Side Aquatics ES5
Light: Reef Breeders Photon V2
Tunze ATO
10 year old ACjr controller
Still need to add the 2 MP40s and Bubble Magus Doser.
I just got this light are you still running it ? how has it been for you ?
4c84a0158b03c796b73d66c9e583bc4b.jpg
Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. Has been a great resource while setting up my new Reefer 250. I did the locline return mod.

Return pump: Eheim 3000+
Skimmer: Sea Side Aquatics ES5
Light: Reef Breeders Photon V2
Tunze ATO
10 year old ACjr controller
Still need to add the 2 MP40s and Bubble Magus Doser.
4c84a0158b03c796b73d66c9e583bc4b.jpg
I just got this light are you still running it ? how has it been for you ?

cmador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, so good. Love the coverage - edge to edge and you can't beat the customer service should a problem arise.

bizacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.. needs some help. Red Sea sent me a new tank because I saw some weird bubbling on a seam and they were amazing about sending me a new new tank..

How do I get the water where the emergency and drains are.. I am going to take out the Red Sea valve and put in a gate valve also..

Thinking it will automatically do it once I take out some of the water in the sump.

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@pelphrey My experience the same with noise on the XF230. The XF130 defintiely quieter. I'm thinking of getting a couple of the Tunze 6105's but can't justify the cost right now for the amount of noise.

By the way what is the white hair looking stuff blowing in background on rock? I had posted a pic a while back of something similar but it was more in shaded/cave areas so some folks thought it was more of a bacteria bloom opposed to algae.

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.. needs some help. Red Sea sent me a new tank because I saw some weird bubbling on a seam and they were amazing about sending me a new new tank..

How do I get the water where the emergency and drains are.. I am going to take out the Red Sea valve and put in a gate valve also..

Thinking it will automatically do it once I take out some of the water in the sump.

I had an issue when I had a cracked emergency drain. I let the water flow through...then siphoned as much as I could...then I had a small shop vac for the rest. After I got most of it, there was still some water inside the over flow, so I just unscrew it and the water drained into the sump.

Now if you are referring to the sump water? Make sure your return nozzle is facing up, and not submerged into the tank water. This would stop a return siphon into the tank, then vacuum you emergency and drain swap the pipes and you'll be done. No biggie. Too easy.

Wet_Fretboards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not to hi jack, but did Red Sea want the other tank back? My 170 arrived with a giant crack, and they're sending me a new one, but made no mention of what to do with the old one.

dirtysock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a reefer 350 coming in. Currently I have no space/containers available to mix the RO/DI water and salt outside of the tank.

hence, i'm thinking of:
  1. Place my rock scape in tank
  2. Pour sand into tank
  3. Fill tank with RO/DI water
  4. Turn on the pump and wavemaker
  5. Slowly add salt in sump area
Would this work?

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a reefer 350 coming in. Currently I have no space/containers available to mix the RO/DI water and salt outside of the tank.

hence, i'm thinking of:
  1. Place my rock scape in tank
  2. Pour sand into tank
  3. Fill tank with RO/DI water
  4. Turn on the pump and wavemaker
  5. Slowly add salt in sump area
Would this work?

I kind of did this. I had about 20 gals of salt water mixed, filled the rest with ro.. then pour the salt and turned on my pumps. Then waited for it to settle. Tested, rotated the pumped, and tested again. And everything was solid!

bizacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hi jack, but did Red Sea want the other tank back? My 170 arrived with a giant crack, and they're sending me a new one, but made no mention of what to do with the old one.

Call the garbage people!!! You are stuck with it.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey and I were texting a while back and we decided that it would be best if I just worked for Red Sea lol. So last night I emailed them asking for a position with their team. I'm not even sure if the position exists, but it's worth a shot. Essentially specializing in North American sales, consultation and marketing across the forums, social media and internet in general. I never really see a strong presence in any of the forums from a Red Sea representative. I realize it may be a unique request, but I feel that my love and support for their product, along with my luminary skills, would be best served as an actual employee. I'll let you know if they think I'm a nut job for asking:)

Tofty85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey and I were texting a while back and we decided that it would be best if I just worked for Red Sea lol. So last night I emailed them asking for a position with their team. I'm not even sure if the position exists, but it's worth a shot. Essentially specializing in North American sales, consultation and marketing across the forums, social media and internet in general. I never really see a strong presence in any of the forums from a Red Sea representative. I realize it may be a unique request, but I feel that my love and support for their product, along with my luminary skills, would be best served as an actual employee. I'll let you know if they think I'm a nut job for asking:)
Definatly worth a try, at worse they can only say "no"

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a name and number for someone at Red Sea that you should try and talk with.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back