XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, my 425XL came standard with the 42222 connector. I ordered the tank on Feb 8, 2018, so I'm not sure when Red Sea made the change. Here's a photo from when I was still assembling the tank, with the barbed fitting removed:
IMG_2654.jpg

The extension looks like PVC maybe harder Material than read sea plastic union, people were cracking them by over-tightening

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this talk about plumbing got my list together. Has anyone run into what the color code is for the RED that Red Sea uses on the Reefer series plumbing. I've looked everywhere and haven't heard a word. It would be really nice to match the color red as close as possible on custom work.

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From this May 2016
image.jpeg
To this April 2018
D30761E0-DE03-457E-A971-2E584F3E11C5.jpeg

First off, system looks outstanding. Congratulations! I am just now organizing my plan to put my system together (Red Sea 450). I am going to need a canopy and am looking to build similar to yours. I am shooting for a floating type canopy but am having trouble coming up with a design that will have it look like it is actually floating without hangers and not sagging over time. I can't tell by your picture but the concept of yours looks quite like what I'm trying to achieve. Any tips or snags you ran into would be helpful to bypass in my own setup. Thanks!

Below is what I'm starting with, don't like the lights with legs at all.

Red Sea Reefer Build Part 1 (1).jpg

Waggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, system looks outstanding. Congratulations! I am just now organizing my plan to put my system together (Red Sea 450). I am going to need a canopy and am looking to build similar to yours. I am shooting for a floating type canopy but am having trouble coming up with a design that will have it look like it is actually floating without hangers and not sagging over time. I can't tell by your picture but the concept of yours looks quite like what I'm trying to achieve. Any tips or snags you ran into would be helpful to bypass in my own setup. Thanks!

Below is what I'm starting with, don't like the lights with legs at all.

Red Sea Reefer Build Part 1 (1).jpg
No problems building or hanging and it looks as good now as the day it was hung . If you look back to May 2016 there’s a photo or two of what it looks like close up .

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a leak test on the manifold today by running the cor-20 and recirculating water in the sump.

The Cor is amazingly quiet. I only hear a faint hum at full power. There’s more noise from water flowing into the socks than anything else.

I just have two spots on the canisters outflows that are leaking. The o-rings broke. I need some suggestions on an alternative since I’m using right angle fixtures for the canister outflows and they do not overlap the O-rings like the straight connectors do as described by @pelphrey in his video on the aquamaxx mods

Silicon? Any other thoughts?

The videos link is on my build thread if anyone’s interested (link under my signature).

Thanks!

Last edited:

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how it’s hung from the ceiling
A14879DC-677C-449B-B696-4A88BAE9D6A7.jpeg
And a couple of what it looks like from above
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awesome, I'm getting psyched now. I'm going to stop obsessing over having no hangers and just do it like yours. Two things I'd like to know are what type of wood did you use and what did you use to finish? I'm planning pine and epoxy lacquer to mimic the finish of the doors as close as possible.

Waggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I'm getting psyched now. I'm going to stop obsessing over having no hangers and just do it like yours. Two things I'd like to know are what type of wood did you use and what did you use to finish? I'm planning pine and epoxy lacquer to mimic the finish of the doors as close as possible.
I just used kick boards ( panel that are used at the bottom of kitchen units ) . They were pre finished in gloss white . I used two lengths , they were around £15 for a 2.4 meter length and they are 5inch high and one inch thick .

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used kick boards ( panel that are used at the bottom of kitchen units ) . They were pre finished in gloss white . I used two lengths , they were around £15 for a 2.4 meter length and they are 5inch high and one inch thick .

Awesome, great idea. Thanks!

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those that have a canopy setup; how difficult or a pain is it to add things into the tank...do maintenance inside, etc when its so close to the water level and you can't actually get your arms in there?

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Not sure my question was seen buried in my post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just have two spots on the canisters outflows that are leaking. The o-rings broke. I need some suggestions on an alternative since I’m using right angle fixtures for the canister outflows and they do not overlap the O-rings like the straight connectors do as described by @pelphrey in his video on the aquamaxx mods

Silicon? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Back