JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going the @Broadfield route on the equipment side. Slight differences in that I used all acrylic sheets. 1/4' white for the back where the equipment is mounted, with 3D printed offsets to raise controllers. Dual 1/8" acrylic for the false front. Everything is mounted with magnets to angle iron so it can easily be removed to get to the EB842 and dual Neptune DOS hidden behind.

IMG_1780.jpg

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up my 350 a couple weeks ago.
69c962c6df610b7546439e00ea5bbbef.jpg
884a281fbf28566dfea8407eb3d1b802.jpg
f10411900008707c5156b802e5386c6d.jpg
7d9528c47763c27c551811cb529706b5.jpg
50d9a893e99e0977ab96d0307d142a50.jpg
b32c0ed550944d35233d38b3a1dccb21.jpg

Been planning this upgrade for a very long time. This thread has been essential for a smooth transition from my 30 gallon IM.

Looks awesome. I’m setting up a 250 very soon from a 16 gallon biocube. Hopefully mine will look half as good as yours!

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a xxl750 being delivered tomorrow but I also have the choice of picking it up, it’s at a local shipping hub. If they deliver it I have to get Dolly’s, roll it to the garage, move tank, assemble stand, then move the tank from the detached garage into the house. If I pick it up I can back my truck right to the door and unload the tank. Then assemble stand and set the tank. I’ll have 4-5 guys available to help.

My only concern is driving it home. But it did travel across the country already.
Any opinions for which method ?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a xxl750 being delivered tomorrow but I also have the choice of picking it up, it’s at a local shipping hub. If they deliver it I have to get Dolly’s, roll it to the garage, move tank, assemble stand, then move the tank from the detached garage into the house. If I pick it up I can back my truck right to the door and unload the tank. Then assemble stand and set the tank. I’ll have 4-5 guys available to help.

My only concern is driving it home. But it did travel across the country already.

That is a tough call. When it’s in the truck do you have room to uncrate it and lift the tank out? If so that maybe easier since you don’t have to carry it to the house.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Most likely if its delivered its going to be on a pallet and very heavy. The delivery guy will most likely place the pallet in our garage for you.

I don't think you'll be able to just back up the truck and unload it without un-crating the whole thing and then bringing it in in pieces. I would think it would be safer to uncrate at ground level then use floor dollies to get close to the house. Floor dollies from HD or Lowes are silly cheap and may make your job of moving and positioning things around a lot easier.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If the truck has a lift gate on the tail they can set it down right at your driveway. Then you can take the crate apart and bring it inside one piece at a time. Assuming a tractor trailer can get to your place. And get out again.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked mine up at the shipping hub, it's a very sturdy container. When I got home I took it apart in the bed of my truck. Took the top off and removed the stand from inside the tank then 2 people was enough to get the 525 inside. The shipping container is built as well as the stand

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, is it normal for the bottom outside seams and the corners of the reefers to be a bit messier than the rest? I was looking at the bottom front seam from under the overhang on the front of the stand and its pretty messy, there is even some very very shallow slits in the silicone...

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, is it normal for the bottom outside seams and the corners of the reefers to be a bit messier than the rest? I was looking at the bottom front seam from under the overhang on the front of the stand and its pretty messy, there is even some very very shallow slits in the silicone...

photos?

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to pick it up and was able to uncrate it in the truck. I can’t imagine moving this tank with two guys. Wasn’t bad at all with 5 guys though. Thanks for the help.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will my RO Varios 2 pump quiet down after running for a week or two. Hooked it up today for the first time and i was expecting it to be quieter...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%

Back