Show off those elegance corals!

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2

0E8C2DF9-7B51-40C9-A7F2-1A71191E18C3.jpeg CF4EA6CC-DA1E-4598-9F30-D37CCB7DA64F.jpeg

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two elegance corals, both from Aqua SD. My first one is a vibrant blue/green with bluish purple tips and is relatively small for an elegance. I liked it so much that I ordered another one and it turned out to be HUGE! It became the centerpiece because I had no other place for it in my tank. Unfortunately the larger one started to separate from the skeleton about a month ago but it still looks happy and healthy.
just ordered two aqua-cultured elegance from aqua SD. I know this is an old post, how are they? Were yours aqua-cultured?

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have coming. I kept an elegance for 3 years. I once saved it from some type of infection, after it still grew great and recovered fine. I was leaving for college and I sold it to my LFS for credit because I knew my tank was going to be neglected somewhat while i was gone. I saw aqua-cultured elegance from this sale and had to buy (two different variants).

I read here that cherry corals AC'd elegance do well, has anyone else had experience keeping AC'd elegance? Anyone have experience with aqua SD elegance? or experience fragging these corals? Anyone ever hear of monsoon aquaculture?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.40.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.40.14 PM.png

Last edited:

Salty_Taste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Looking to pick up an elegance for my new tank!

What makes the Tyree pink tip elegance so $$$? Is it because of it being aquacultured and the name? Or does it stand out from other pink tips?

What are some of the more rare elegance look like? To my knowledge like red or yellow makes them stand out more?

care requirements?

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"New tank" and elegance corals do not go very well IME. I would speculate that they the proper microbiom of a mature tank is a prerequisit. The simplest most inexpensive ones stand out enough if they feel good in your tank. They are very sensitive to changes, especilly alkalinity. They love mussles. They enjoy their "juice" when I feed my fish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back