Show off you reef from way back when!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,879
Reaction score
122,572
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone got pics that show some of your first reef projects?

coralshots027.jpg


tank2-1.jpg
 
my 70g pics taken 7-06 and tank ran for another about anther year
090.jpg
091.jpg

i miss my leaf scorpion pair:cry:
 
Anyone got pics that show some of your first reef projects?


tank2-1.jpg

I remember that! Not a bad start!! We used to stay broke to keep up with David's habit!!
 
hey rev(s) can i ask what lighting you had over that second tank? the blue hues are very very nice, and some of the reds/oranges, like in the anemone and cap, pop really nicely. thats a gorgeous tank right there.
 
My 1st salt tank, Dec 04 125 gallons. It was converted from a Cichlid tank starting April of 04.
FrontDec04.jpg


Today's 300 gallon as of Aug 10.
IMG_3898.jpg
 
Just to show you how broke I am.

2008-06-09-01672.jpg

2008-06-08-00331.jpg

2008-06-08-00440.jpg

2008-06-08-00465.jpg

2008-05-26-61985.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

FTS1.jpg

algaerock.jpg

fuge.jpg


LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!
 
hey rev(s) can i ask what lighting you had over that second tank? the blue hues are very very nice, and some of the reds/oranges, like in the anemone and cap, pop really nicely. thats a gorgeous tank right there.
i was thinking that anemone loooks sick
 
No that anemone was very healthy. It was red and then had a whole green base. I was running (3) xm 20k's on it.
 
That was when I lived in Mesa, used to spit at the Stray Cat/Club Red/Club Real back in the day.. I live in Cali now, still got mad people in Arizona though... I lived in Tempe, Mesa, and Chandler. When I do my roadtrip holla at me for some corals haha
 
HAHA sorry man I should have figured that out. I loved that thing! Had to get rid of when I downgraded tanks. :(
 
My first reef was a 65g that I started in college. This was before the Tang Police! I still have the leathers, but they are all huge now.

collegereef2sm.jpg


collegereefsm.jpg


collegereef3.jpg


collegereef4sm.jpg
 
My first--- 5 gallon acrylic hex. Modified the hood to accept different light, fan and air ventilation.
3- 1 in x 1 in 50 gal per hour pumps to move water:

DSCN0150.jpg



DSCN0144.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new