Sicce XSTREAM SDC POWERHEAD

Scubasteve11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. Looking for a new powerhead and I ran across the newish Sicce Xstream SDC. I havent been able to find much information or reviews on them so far.

Anyone have any thoughts on these? It seems like a no brainier to me. Better warranty and costs less than it's competition but want to make sure I'm not missing anything...

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I haven’t seen these. Sicce make good pumps but the dc are newer.

See if anyone else has more info

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. Looking for a new powerhead and I ran across the newish Sicce Xstream SDC. I havent been able to find much information or reviews on them so far.

Anyone have any thoughts on these? It seems like a no brainier to me. Better warranty and costs less than it's competition but want to make sure I'm not missing anything...
I am looking at these and dealing with the same thing. Have you looked into the E Variable version? Its a bit more. I like the temp monitoring on the SDC personally.

OP
OP
Scubasteve11

Scubasteve11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at these and dealing with the same thing. Have you looked into the E Variable version? Its a bit more. I like the temp monitoring on the SDC personally.
I have...From what I can see the E variable is compatible with an Apex but doesn't have the newer features that the SDC has (wifi app control and monitoring). Let me know if you see or know of any other differences.

The only reason I haven't ordered one is because I read somewhere that Aqua illumination is coming out with a smaller version of their Nero pump. I have a small tank and this sounds very interesting. BUT with the Sicce having a 5 YEAR WARRANTY it's hard to look elsewhere IMO.

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 3 Sicce extreme SDC pumps and 2 of them are bad right out of the box. Not impressed with this company. No troubleshooting at all. One has a red light on. what does that mean? I can not get it to reset or connect to wifi. All the information I can find so far are on older units and not these new wifi controllers.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back