OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick ups! I think you can get the stock pix off the links on the daily email update...

I don't get the emails I just check it every once in a while.

I spotted the Changing phase pink margin yesterday, but didn't want to spend the $.
Tonight I said screw it and picked it up, cause I KNEW I would regret it if I didn't.

I'll post some pictures up once I get it.
I wish I would have saved the picture they had up in Divers den.

I hope they read my note and don't ship it till monday, otherwise my buddy will have to help my wife acclimate it into QT since I will be at MACNA on Friday.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish, I really like that linear blenny too. I have never heard of them, or seen them before for that matter.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that Pink Margin and couldn't remember who was looking for one...Glad to see you got it, pretty decent price on it too looks like it going to be a nice one.....Flames are cool I need toget a pair that makes it this time.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - thanks!

Well it looks like the Foxface's sidekick was feeling spunky and munchin' on my acans -

HE HAS A GUILTY CONSCIENCE! He knows he's next!
He's going to take a little more to catch, so I'm going to wait till I do my re-aquascaping in the next couple days to catch him.

He's already on the run!

IMG_2917.jpg

How long did you have the FoxFace and Purple Tang in the tank before they started on the coral? I have both and am a little nervous now..:squigglemouth:

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ We have the Pink Margin in the display now. It is still pinkish. Not nearly as nice as the picture above, but hopefully in a year or so it will be. It is still changing to terminal phase colors.

New fish update

A buddy called last night to tell us about this Labouti they had in at HOT, and an Atlantic Tang.
No Atlantic Tang, but it got the wife there to see this - she couldn't pass it up.
Its 5-6" and REALLY nice looking.
This is a picture at the LFS with my camera phone.
I'm acclimating it in QT now.

6919_103107329706440_100000215195983_79769_7747834_n.jpg

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better picture - still of him in the bag acclimating, but way cool colors
It was HARD to get a picture, because he isn't scared at all, and was swimming in my hands and around the camera to see what it was!

IMG_3639copy.jpg

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very very nice Chad... :)

who's the king of the tank as of now with your wrasses? you really need to post a vid of your tank, esp when you get the Laboutei in the mix... :)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank look nice, but I must say, your going to have to sell a frag package. Your tank is new and it looks like you need a bigger tank already, lol.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very very nice Chad... :)

who's the king of the tank as of now with your wrasses? you really need to post a vid of your tank, esp when you get the Laboutei in the mix... :)

I will once these go in.
My Mystery jumped through the screen the other day, so the dynamics changed again - but EVERYONE seems a lot happier with him out of the tank - including the wife who laughed and was all happy when she saw he was crispy on the top of the tank!

Tank look nice, but I must say, your going to have to sell a frag package. Your tank is new and it looks like you need a bigger tank already, lol.

I'm designing it right now ;)

thewholebasement2.jpg

We picked up a girlfriend for our Male Labouti today at Roozens.
It was soooooooo cool to watch them interact together. Right away they started swimming together. Then the male layed in the corner, started changing colors and almost went into a trance while the juvenile/female layed underneath him. The wife and I watched them do this for like 20min, with the male then swimming around doing somersaults and stuff. I guess they like each other.
Both of them are eating mysis, pellets and flake already, so that was reassuring.

Laboutipair.jpg

Laboutipair2.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... awesome awesome Chad... you've got quite a wrasse collection... keep it up bro... :)

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... awesome awesome Chad... you've got quite a wrasse collection... keep it up bro... :)

Thanks to the wifey - she buys all the fish. I just show her ones I like ;)
lol

Now I see what all the hoopla is about a supermale. Having a 5" Labouti showed me what it will be like when the Lineatus and others will look like when they get bigger. Definitetely something to see that is for sure! I can't wait till they all fully mature. :xd:
Right now one of the Lineatus's is taking on the male role and changing to more vibrant colors. We ended up with 2 male flame wrasses and one female. So it should be interested to see what happens with them. I'll probably sell the other male when I set the new tank up.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back