ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree.
My tank crash when somebody turn off my Generator after a hurricane. I had a friend come over right after the hurricane to make sure everything running smoothly, and it was. Then somebody turn off the generator by shut off my natural gas line, within 24 hrs of me coming home. The tank was crashing as I got home. 400 gal total volume, I cannot do much about it but able to save most of my anemones by removing them and send them to a friend's tank. Fish and SPD was a total loss, few LPS survived. My 24+ inches Gigas was irreplaceable.

I actually remember reading that. It's why I have a sign over the emergency shutoff next to my generator to only close if there is an observable gas leak.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every now and then a draconian pruning is required. The green slimer in my tank had reached the water surface long ago, and was spreading laterally (kind'a ugly frankly). Loss of light to the underneath was starting to cause some bleaching/STN. Spent some time yesterday removing a ton of old and cranky branches. Has opened things up nicely. Also had a few of those 'oh, that's where that went' moments.

Before ..... and after.

file-55.jpeg
file1-15.jpeg

U

User1

View Badges
Amazing actually. Do you put the cuttings in other tanks or use in a Ca reactor?

Nice problem to have I guess :D Interesting that I still do not have a frag of green slimer thingy. Every time I place an order the main retail / aqua culture doesn't carry it. I've been meaning to find a place that has it with a few other things I want to group together and I do not really buy a lot. Probably why I don't have one yet.

Looks great though.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any healthy tips go into the frag tank, but the majority just goes into a bucket outside to 'cure' as future rubble for the CaRx.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left end will look a bit rough for a bit. Some corals had faded due to shading and now there are a lot of snapped branches. It will fill in soon enough. A little extra swimming room now for the 15 odd tangs (may have gone a tad overboard even for a 450).

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the damsels' aggression limit your selection of tankmates - i.e. do they give any of your cardinals or wrasses grief?

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since a video, I love watching your tank!

On another note how much more skimmate would you say your skimmer produces since your modification?

TonysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered putting a strip light across the front edge of the tank to better illuminate the fish? I can't help but notice how dark the fish are when they're near the glass.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered putting a strip light across the front edge of the tank to better illuminate the fish? I can't help but notice how dark the fish are when they're near the glass.
It is on purpose to keep the acrylic relatively clear of coralline.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back