0   0   0
That IS with zip ties ..... Sadly

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure it's going to be awesome necessarily .... maybe just not as much of an organizational disaster as it is currently.
All I can say is wow. The one new QT and water change station area does indeed look less of a hot mess. lol. Shouldn't that remove some of the crazy from the other areas? How do you even know what is what in the wires? Your tanks always are amazing. That is what it really is about. But I just LOVE that the basement fishroom is an "organizational disaster".

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you even know what is what in the wires?

Fortunately they're mostly plugged into Apex power bars, so turning something off doesn't actually require knowing which wire is which. Though in the process of redoing the room I did have at least two of those 'oh, so that's where that went' moments. Apparently I bought an aqua-medic fish trap at some point .... and then promptly 'forgot' about it; and I found a flasher wrasse that had gone missing years ago (well, actually the dog found it .... nature's garbage can). No Jimmy Hoffa though.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One month old ......

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to ask why kessil and radion. combo why not one or the other.. I had radions and now have kessil I will say I like the kessil light better with just the way the light looks but had way way better coral color with the radions this has me thinking of adding radions onto my system with the kessils

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One beautiful tank. At what percent do you run the lights? Hours at max?
Do you have a robo glass cleaner? Following from Stamford.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to ask why kessil and radion. combo why not one or the other.. I had radions and now have kessil I will say I like the kessil light better with just the way the light looks but had way way better coral color with the radions this has me thinking of adding radions onto my system with the kessils

Just rather ended up that way. On my last tank I originally had metal halide. Then I added reefbreeders LED. Then I replaced the MH with the Kessils. Then I replaced the reefbreeders with Radions. While I like the look of the Kessils a lot, I don't like them as the sole form of lighting, thus the Radions. If I were going to use only one, it would be the Radions as I think they cover slightly better.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One beautiful tank. At what percent do you run the lights? Hours at max?
Do you have a robo glass cleaner? Following from Stamford.

Welcome neighbor. I run both Kessils and Radions up to about 75% with color temp nominally at about 16K. I'm using the big Mighty Magnet kit for 1" acrylic.

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just wow!!! I am still working on building a stand for the 265 and you look fully established!!

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall the tank is doing fine. I have had a little bit of SPS die off that I attribute to the process of recovering stability and the inevitable shift in things like alkalinity when doing a significant changeover (required over 200 gallons of new water). The decision to use blanking panels to shield the front acrylic from direct light has proven to be an inspired one - I have had very little algae growth on the front (other than a 3" strip right at the bottom) and consequently the cleaning process is simple and so far scratch-free. Has caused me to reconsider how I light my tanks - both on terms of quantity of fixtures needed and coverage.

Introducing my first new fish to the tank - a quartet of pyramid butterflyfish. I realized that my DiY socialization box would not fit over the acrylic eurobracing, so it required a bit of modification.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just wow!!! I am still working on building a stand for the 265 and you look fully established!!

Yeah, but I'd been working on the stand and canopy for the better part of three months before doing the actual change over .......

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been slowly transferring my old Apex lite to the new 2016 version. Not a trivial undertaking. Built my current kit up over the last four years, and wire mismanagement would be an understatement. I've just got the WXM to go, which will be module #18 and 90 total 'outlets'. I may perhaps have overdone it!

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, only two months in of course, but I'm really liking the acrylic tank. I'm sure I will put a few scratches in it at some point, though none yet. I just really like the clarity and the clean corners.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out posts 25 and 26 in this thread for the 'before' pictures; sadly, not sure the 'after' pictures will look any less crazed ...... even they make mores sene to me now LOL

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back