OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes good luck with finals....one of the only things i dont miss from school...although i would go back in a heartbeat!

Thanks, I don't really stress about finals themselves. It is all the nonsense due right before that gives me heartburn lol.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I don't really stress about finals themselves. It is all the nonsense due right before that gives me heartburn lol.

Are you in college?? If so what year and What school?? I went to Florida State and loved every minute of it!! Yeah the end of the semester was always a pain!!

OP
OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you in college?? If so what year and What school?? I went to Florida State and loved every minute of it!! Yeah the end of the semester was always a pain!!

Yes, I am finishing up my Junior at the University of Idaho working on my BS in Environmental Science. Going to finish up May 2012 and I am ready to be done with school personally.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. I especially like the pictures that you added on 4/17. How do you like your swc skimmer?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am finishing up my Junior at the University of Idaho working on my BS in Environmental Science. Going to finish up May 2012 and I am ready to be done with school personally.

LOL - Well congrats only a year away from graduating and then welcome to the real world (feels like an old guys saying that hehehe) - Trust me you will want to go back :tongue:

OP
OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - Well congrats only a year away from graduating and then welcome to the real world (feels like an old guys saying that hehehe) - Trust me you will want to go back :tongue:

Well I was in the real world before I decided to go to college and I am ready to get back to just working lol

OP
OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. I especially like the pictures that you added on 4/17. How do you like your swc skimmer?

I like the SWC a lot so far. I have an extremely small bio load right now. But, it seems when you break one of these in a get it set you can forget about it till it is time to clean the cup and it does pull a lot out for the small bioload I have. It also runs nice a quiet compared to other skimmers I have seen.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the SWC a lot so far. I have an extremely small bio load right now. But, it seems when you break one of these in a get it set you can forget about it till it is time to clean the cup and it does pull a lot out for the small bioload I have. It also runs nice a quiet compared to other skimmers I have seen.

The set it and forget it aspect is what Im looking forward to once I get around to setting mine up.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea, SWC skimmers work extremely well considering how much they cost. I always have stinky nog to empty from my cup every 2-3 days. I baught an extended cup for my 160 when I ordered a new impeller in hopes of getting to go longer before having to empty the cup.

OP
OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, SWC skimmers work extremely well considering how much they cost. I always have stinky nog to empty from my cup every 2-3 days. I baught an extended cup for my 160 when I ordered a new impeller in hopes of getting to go longer before having to empty the cup.

With my low bioload I'm not at that point yet. Does the 160 have the plug in the bottom up the cup so you can add an external collection bottle if your want? If mine gets to where I am changing it all the time I will probably just hook some hose to mine and run it to a milk jug. Then just get rid of the yucky jug every time lol.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my low bioload I'm not at that point yet. Does the 160 have the plug in the bottom up the cup so you can add an external collection bottle if your want? If mine gets to where I am changing it all the time I will probably just hook some hose to mine and run it to a milk jug. Then just get rid of the yucky jug every time lol.

I believe all of their cups have a drain in the cup for the use of external containers.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I thought. But usually when I assume I am wrong lol.

The skimmate lockers are nice because they dont smell as bad. You probably already know this, but just in case, remember to put the jug somewhere in your sump to protect from an emergency overflow.

OP
OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmate lockers are nice because they dont smell as bad. You probably already know this, but just in case, remember to put the jug somewhere in your sump to protect from an emergency overflow.

Good advise! Knowing me I would have just ended up with a stand full of nog some day when i changed to using a jug rather than just the cup.

OP
OP
S

Slate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pics of the new baby maxima clam I got yesterday (I have some black screen over the tank on this side to acclimate it to the lights. So between that and my camera it is really hard to see its coloration.)
goldmaxima1_5-16-11.jpg

goldmaxima2_5-16-11.jpg

It is already starting to connect to its rock. Should be able to burry the rock in a couple days to protect it.
goldmaxima3_5-16-11.jpg

Now some random shots I took super quick after the shooting the clam.
tron_5-16-11.jpg

FTS_5-16-11.jpg

left_5-16-11.jpg

right_5-16-11.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back