How many years have you been in the hobby?

• Total voters

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: Biocube 29
IMG_20161019_114328.jpg

Lights:AI Hydra 52 HD (Best LED in the Market)

Pumps:

Stock Return Pump

Jeboa PP-8

Sicce ???

Heater:

Cobalt Aquatic Neotherm 100 watt

ATO:Me
spiny.gif
will be adding one soon

Filtration:

Filter Floss, Purigen, Chemipure Elite inside a Intank media basket

Aquamaxx HOB-1(awesome skimmer)

20Lbs or so of live rock and 40lbs live sand

Live Stock:

Common Clownfish x2

Yellow Watchman Goby that dwells in the third chamber

Starry Blenny

Sixline Wrasse
IMG_20161013_111327.jpg

Inverts:

3 Pacific Blue Leg Hermits

1 Red Hermit Crabs

1 Halloween Hermit

1 Mexican Turbo Snail

4 Astraea Snails

Corals:

Softies: Pulsating Xenia, Leather Corals and a collection of Zoanthids.
sunny ds.png
IMG_20161009_170248.jpg

LPS: A variety of Acans, CB Vitamin Chalice, Dragon Eye Favia, Kryptonite Canes, Green Pinstripe Platygra, CB Fuego Chalice, Duncan, and two unknown chalices.
IMG_20161013_211848.jpg

SPS:
Sunset Montipora, Mystic Sunset Montipora, Jedi Mind trick Montipora, Superman Montipora, Blue polyped with Minty Green Base and a CB Flaming Phoenix Montipora. As for acropora I have frags of the GARF Bonsai, WWC Pink Sapphire Millipora, WWC Icy Touch, WWC Whatchamacallit, WWC Gelato, FF Red Robin Stag, WWC Piranha, WWC Snowdrop, WWC Crazy Plum, Tyree Orange Setosa, WWC Dayglo, WWC Christmas Mirabilis, WWC Dreamweaver, Paletta Blue, Paletta Pink Tip, CB Forest Fire Digi, CB Orange Passion, CB Maleficent, CB Birthday Cake, CB The Thing, and a couple other CB Millipora that I can’t remember their trade name.
20160823_110238.jpg

Parameters:

Salinity: 1.025

Temp: 78-80 Fahrenheit

pH: Never Tested

Calcium: 460-470

Alkalinity: 8.0-8.5 dKh

Magnesium: 1500 since I'm currently trying to killing some nasty bryopsis

Nitrate: 0 undetectable using Salifert and API Have started dosing KNO3 for about a week so far there’s been a slight color improvement

Phosphate: 0 Undetectable using Salifert and API

Additives:

Currently manually dosing Red Sea Foundation in the morning and evening. Dosing about 2 mL of Acropower daily.

Maintenance:

Changing the Filter Floss Twice a week, Chemipure and Purigen ever 3-4 months. One-gallon water changes are done every week using Reef Crystals.

Feeding:

By my estimates the recommend dosing of Acropower for this system is around 1mL, but I'm doing about half of that in the morning and after noon before feeding the corals a mixture of Cyclopeeze, ReefRoids, Phytofeast, and Oysterfeast.The fish get feed a couple of pellets of New Life Spectrum and a mixture of Brine, Mysis, and Plankton soaked in Kent Marine Garlic, Boyd Enterprise's VitaChem, and Selcon.

History:

This is my first marine system ever. This tank has been up and running since around February 2015 but my passion for the hobby can be traced back to my starter 10-gallon freshwater community tank around 2008. Flash forward a couple years to 2010 while on a trip to the LFS with a cousin (Former Reefer) I got my first taste of the reefing hobby but would hold off for until 2015.After making regular stops at the LFS throughout 2014 and endlessly bugging the staff (the real MVPs) I finally bit the bullet and purchased the BioCube.Since then I’ve set up two other reef tanks.

Future:

Someday when I'm all done with school and have my life on track (like that's ever gonna happen) I hope to be the proud owner of a TOTM caliber stick forest. In the meantime, I'm gonna try to learn as much as possible with what's on hand and with the help of this community so come on guys don’t be stranger

The chaos theory stipulates that butterflies are nothing but bugs controlling the weather.

Current Tank Info: Coral life Biocube 29 and Nuvo 8

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! Impressive build and Wowsers, what a sweet collection of coral! Sure is a slice of reef heaven! Thanks for sharing :) Happy reefing!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice reef.. also please remember that this is a family friendly forum. That last statement about the butterflies needs to be edited.

OP
OP
CoralManz

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! Impressive build and Wowsers, what a sweet collection of coral! Sure is a slice of reef heaven! Thanks for sharing :) Happy reefing!
Thanks,yea I think I need more still ...lol .Anyways your reef is impressive as well really like the clean look and your zoo collection .@Mike_J
Thanks @MermaidTail love your Dendros,are they difficult to keep?Later on I plan to set up a NPS specific system.
Nice reef.. also please remember that this is a family friendly forum. That last statement about the butterflies needs to be edited.
Thanks @tj w dude your reef is awesome reef and I'm totally digging your aquascape.Sorry about that didn't mean it,how do I edit this post?

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem man, wasn't trying to be "that person" but rather not see it become an issue when the wrong person sees it. Thanks for the compliments by the way. I sent one of the mods a message asking them to edit..

Last edited:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing looking tank!

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I've had a blast with my sun coral. Mine seems to be a little atypical though...everyone says they like low-light (under overhands or in caves) and low-flow. Mine is literally directly under my light and gets moderate-high flow and is doing GREAT. The key really is daily individual feeding. Mine is so hungry that it's polyps come out all the time!

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALL that and no ATO? Lol nice reef man, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
CoralManz

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem man, wasn't trying to be "that person" but rather not see it become an issue when the wrong person sees it. Thanks for the compliments by the way. I sent one of the mods a message asking them to edit..
I would've done the same,thanks for doing that @tj w
Amazing looking tank!
Thanks @Shep you've got some great looking chalices and acans.
Thanks! I've had a blast with my sun coral. Mine seems to be a little atypical though...everyone says they like low-light (under overhands or in caves) and low-flow. Mine is literally directly under my light and gets moderate-high flow and is doing GREAT. The key really is daily individual feeding. Mine is so hungry that it's polyps come out all the time!
What do you typically feed them? @MermaidTail

ALL that and no ATO? Lol nice reef man, thanks for sharing.
Thanks man :).Your reef is coming along nicely and lots of room to play with .After reading some horror stories about having ATOs fail on people I haven't trusted them, but right now I'm looking into getting the Osmolator Nano 3152. @Ty Hamatake

Absolutely beautiful, I think we need more photos!
Thanks @Ljaus your tanks are a stunners as well,it's interesting to see reefs look around the world.Just curious have you ever scuba dived the Barrier Reef,I would love to go there some day.Gothca I'll post some other photo later today.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks man :).Your reef is coming along nicely and lots of room to play with .After reading some horror stories about having ATOs fail on people I haven't trusted them, but right now I'm looking into getting the Osmolator Nano 3152. @Ty Hamatake

Thanks @Ljaus your tanks are a stunners as well,it's interesting to see reefs look around the world.Just curious have you ever scuba dived the Barrier Reef,I would love to go there some day.Gothca I'll post some other photo later today.
Ha ha yeah... I'm upgrading my reservoir to make life easier on my wife while I'm away and I'm terrified.

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feed them Reef Roids!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank!

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ljaus your tanks are a stunners as well,it's interesting to see reefs look around the world.Just curious have you ever scuba dived the Barrier Reef,I would love to go there some day.Gothca I'll post some other photo later today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I had snorkelled part of the reef but not dived any of it. The southern Great Barrier Reef is pretty much on my door step. There is one local island i would like to go to one day.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm between 4 and 10 years, so no option for me in the poll. ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back