Smart buddie booster pump

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey anyone have any issues with this pump not starting? I bought one hooked up ( correctly I checked 3 times to make sure ) and I get nothing through the first solenoid ( the one that feeds the membrane). If I pull the hose off I got water to it just not through it. I take the pump out of the system and I get 0 tds rodi water produced. I got the pump thinking it will make water faster. And now it won't make water at all. The power light is lit blue and steady. But I get nothing from the pump no nosie no vibration no flow. If I unhook the membrane feed line and just run the rodi with out the buddie in the loop it is fine with water coming out the wast line from the pump and water coming out the filtered line going to my vat from the pump. It is like the feed solenoid to the membrane is not working. And I assumed i would have some noise or something from the pump but get nothing not a single thing. This is frustrating to say the least. Any help would be cool...thanks and happy holidays to everyone!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There should I’m sure be tips on you tube

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the pump is defective. I'd think you should notice something -noise/vibration etc as you mentioned.
Me, I'd either exchange/return it or take it apart and start testing electrical connections, then the solenoids for visual flow-through

OP
OP
Thetankdoctor

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am working on both. It just is frustrating. It's weird that's all.

OP
OP
Thetankdoctor

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a replacement pump. I tried everything. I had read that some people switched outlets and it worked in my case this did not help. I think the solenoid that opens the feed from the carbon filter to the buddie then out to the membrane is bad. For some reason I get water to the solenoid just not through it for what ever reason. Maybe just one of those things waiting on the replacement pump and I will go from there

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back