Smart power strip outlets 50% off on Amazon

  • Thread starter Thread starter TX_REEF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2023
Messages
5,298
Reaction score
6,252
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I highly recommend these smart power strips. Kasa has a free app that allows you to individually control each outlet on the strip, including scheduling. Now is a good time to pick them up on prime day discount:

https://amzn.to/3Y1vHMv
 
I have moved my ATO and protein skimmer over to Kasa plugs from Amazon plugs. One great thing about the Kasa plugs, they remember the state that they were in before a power outage. With my Amazon plugs, I would have to turn on my skimmer and ATO after the power went out. With the Kasa, they remember and come back on automatically!
 
kewl...

I've been wanting to play with these things.

Are they "Wifi" in the sense that they connect to a network, or just in the sense that they act as a wifi network for you to connect with in order to program them?
I'm going to be honest I don't know the difference - you have to input your router password into the app, and once your device is on the app, you can control it from anywhere with your mobile device
 
kewl...

I've been wanting to play with these things.

Are they "Wifi" in the sense that they connect to a network, or just in the sense that they act as a wifi network for you to connect with in order to program them?


I have two of these. One at my work desk and the other on my son's deskmate. These are true Wi-Fi devices that connect to your modem. Once connected, you can access the connection from anywhere you're at. These things are awesome !
 
I absolutely love my Kasa power strip. My only gripe is that you can't look at total stip power throughput on their app, just each individual outlet.
 
kewl...

I've been wanting to play with these things.

Are they "Wifi" in the sense that they connect to a network, or just in the sense that they act as a wifi network for you to connect with in order to program them?
They connect to your wifi.
On a side note I've had two of these fail but I suspect it was because I had an external reeflo pump connect that was pulling too much current for them. I'm not much at calculating currently draw so I'm probably to blame.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new