Snorkeling coral identification

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2018
Messages
1,175
Reaction score
1,321
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every year I go to Mexico with friends and family and I always go snorkeling. This coral Is all over baja California and I have no clue what it is?
20190610_150707.jpg

20190610_150804.jpg

20190610_150806.jpg

What is it, some of it can even look like a large acro colony. There's some awesome PE out here in the ocean, I told my girlfriend that I wish I had my test kit so I can test the ocean parameters and she called me a nerd lol
 
Green one is most likely Pocillopora meandrina. The other could be several species, but still Pocillopora sp. I'll do more digging.
 
Let me know when and where next time and maybe I can meet up with you with my dive gear. I’m always willing to nerd out with a fellow reefer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new