OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, it's been 8 days since I have stopped feeding pallet and only fed selcon soaked mysis to all my fish. Since then I have not seen any odd behavior from any of my fish. They all look fine, no scratching, flashing, or anything concerning. I do believe I still have ICH in my tank but I think feeding frozen over pallet has definitely helped. I am inclined to make my own food. Maybe not the whole entire fish like @Gweeds1980 :D but his recipe looks good for home-made fish food. I may give that a try. But for now, the only time my fish will get pallet if I can't get to the tank during feeding time. Now I need to figure out how to feed frozen when I am not home. That should be interesting. o_O

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, it's been 8 days since I have stopped feeding pallet and only fed selcon soaked mysis to all my fish. Since then I have not seen any odd behavior from any of my fish. They all look fine, no scratching, flashing, or anything concerning. I do believe I still have ICH in my tank but I think feeding frozen over pallet has definitely helped. I am inclined to make my own food. Maybe not the whole entire fish like @Gweeds1980 :D but his recipe looks good for home-made fish food. I may give that a try. But for now, the only time my fish will get pallet if I can't get to the tank during feeding time. Now I need to figure out how to feed frozen when I am not home. That should be interesting. o_O
All good :) you won't have got rid of ich but sounds like your fish are on the way to becoming immune, which imho is better than eliminating ich in any case.

As for feeding frozen... depending upon the ambient temperature, you could put a block on a bit of eggcrate over the tank... as it melts it'll drop down to the water.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back