Something really cool just happened with my Rhizo's

  • Thread starter Thread starter DrTerro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DrTerro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
269
Reaction score
6
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you? I came home today to find that our Dog's pool got blown over our 2 ac units outside. And my tank (65gal) even with my chiller kicking butt, could not get it below 77.8 and the apex kicked the MH off. (Really like this thing so far. Only a week, and it's great) Anyways sorry, I have to set up what is going on. I run my tank almost all the time between 75-75.5 Really never goes anywhere else. So I was freaked out checking the tank. And I looked down under one of my 5 frag racks to see the corals at the bottom, and then I saw something. A HUGE puff (white smoke like) come out of my Rhizo. I was like wow. Never seen that before. And stupidly continued to check out the rest of the tank. About 30 min later I got the temp to 76.9 just under and I felt better, and then BAM! Again! Another puff of white smoke. I ran and got my camera and set it up on video. Nothing. And I am sitting there waiting. I go and throw some food into the tank and what would you know; I have the camera focused on my Main biggest one, who has been blowing smoke, and off to the right in the Rhizo Garden (12 more) I see a puff of smoke again, however the one this one came from was a darker smoke, and came from a Redish/Brown/white one. And I will apologize now and again. I was selfish and tried getting a sweet close up, and had I had it just on the bottom, I would have something to show. However.... I am keeping this camera up and ready, and if I don't see anything again like that in the next week, I am going to experiment with a controlled environment, such as: controlling the temp of where I want it, how fast it takes to get there, my lighting, and feeding. I will try and take pictures, and video as I tried earlier. Now I have not said what I think it is, for I do not want to battle over it. It's cool, and something i have never seen or heard of from these guys, and I am looking forward to seeing more of it. I would appreciate any and all comments and ideas around this. Thanks
IMAG0619.jpg
IMAG0620.jpg
 
Have more to report on this. The next day I watched my sun corals spawn! I have found two baby sun corals completely open and feeding! Around the same time as finding the baby sun corals, I found many and I mean many green dots all over the inside of my tank. And they are.... ****! Forgot the name. Like a birdsnest, but begin with a P.... Pris... man I can not remember for the life of me. Anyways, I know this happens a lot and many people do not like them because of this, but it's funny to me that so much has been going on since the temp swing. Anyways, just wanted to share. And if there happens to be Rhizo babies showing up, I will let you all know. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new