Sort of newbie

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have stalked this site and learned from countless others besides various youtube videos. I presently have a 32 biocube reef tank up and running for 3 years and I just started a second one in the starting stages of cycling and yet even though I have been to this rodeo I am still reading forums like it is my first time! Funny it seems I am not the only one...I guess we are all looking for the cycling instant holy grail.

Before you say go big, the cubes fit in spaces that won't fit a larger tank so I am a nano reefer for now. My seasoned reef has various zoas, acans, duncans, frogspawn and a hammer, oh and a pulsing zenia..bunch of nassarius which seem to be multiplying, a few hermits which actually are a pain in the neck to my turbos and my best buddy my tuxedo urchin. The three fish are a percula clown, royal gramma and a blue devil that started it all as my school was breaking down their tanks for the summer and needed to rehome him. Those three are originals all approx. 3 years old
Although the three are nasty PIAs, they get along with each other but have killed anything else I have tried to put in the tank. The little terrorists.

Glad to finally step in the ring and personally thank the masses for your past help and probably future help!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry both for your past losses and because your Death Dealers are doing their thing, but at least those three all coexist well together. I've gotten really really good at acclimation boxes, but when fighting never ends, someone goes back to fish store. Box gives fish protection, but you can even DIY with something out of your recycling with holes cut for water flow and food introduction (fish could acclimate for days/weeks).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back