Space Invader Coloration

Marc Daniels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Space Invader that I got locally about 2 years ago from a reputable source. It has grown from a little 2-3 eye frag to this 35+ eye monster.

My problem is that over time the eye coloration has changed and is no where near what it once was.

Any ideas?
20200522_140759.jpg

OP
OP
Marc Daniels

Marc Daniels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please post your lighting and parameters?
Ocean Revives, Blue @ 75% and whites 10%. Bottom of a 40g breeder.
Temp 78, salnity 1.027, calcium 420, alk 10, mag 1300, nitrate 5, phosphate 0.1. Autotopoff with 0tds RODI, 10G water change bimonthly with RedSea Coral Pro. pH daily swing is 7.8 - 8.

I do not dose any aminos or other coral boosters. Parameters are maintained by doser and I am now at the point that I test monthly and make slight adjustments as needed.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean Revives, Blue @ 75% and whites 10%. Bottom of a 40g breeder.
Temp 78, salnity 1.027, calcium 420, alk 10, mag 1300, nitrate 5, phosphate 0.1. Autotopoff with 0tds RODI, 10G water change bimonthly with RedSea Coral Pro. pH daily swing is 7.8 - 8.

I do not dose any aminos or other coral boosters. Parameters are maintained by doser and I am now at the point that I test monthly and make slight adjustments as needed.
Those are nice lights :) Do you ICP test for trace elements?

OP
OP
Marc Daniels

Marc Daniels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice lights :) Do you ICP test for trace elements?
I do not, but I have friends running Triton that I could probably get to test for me. It looks healthy, is growing and my only concern is the coloration.

Thought out to the population...my clowns host and lay eggs very close to it. I wonder if they are irritating it.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not, but I have friends running Triton that I could probably get to test for me. It looks healthy, is growing and my only concern is the coloration.

Thought out to the population...my clowns host and lay eggs very close to it. I wonder if they are irritating it.

I am not an expert in the subject but @Lou Ekus has a very interesting interview regarding coloration here:

It seems a lot of it is trace elements and amino acids and strong lighting.

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you figure it out? I'm having the same issue with one of our mini colony, the yellow coloration turned into a darker green same as the rest of the body :(

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back