SpectraPure carbon blocks

oceanslide

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
329
Reaction score
130
Location
Oceanside, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a few SpectraPure carbon blocks, (part # CF-0.5-10) from a large reputable online aquarium supply, not from SpectraPure directly, and recived these carbon blocks. All the carbon blocks I received all say “Hydronix” and no where on the packaging for them does it say SpectrePure. Anyone know if these are genuine SpectraPure filters? I messaged the retailer and Spectrapure and neither were helpful. Thanks!

BC12C15F-E3A4-435E-AC1A-A1922F6E28FA.jpeg
 
I have Spectrapure 0.5 micron and 1 micron carbon blocks. Spectrapure has a white rim and Hydronix blue. Personally, though if it says 0.5 micron be ok but Hydronix I think cheaper.
 
I got one from them recently as well and just checked it out after reading this and it also say's hydronix on it. Thought it was odd that it had the blue ring instead of the usual white but left it at that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new